[T:V]Oversized Weapons?

TrailerParkPrid

Veteran XV
Does anyone else besides me not like the new trend of huge, half screen covering guns that are now "the thing" for First Person Shooters? From the Videos, and the screenshots it seems to me that T:V is getting like this also. Although it does fit into the story line (Less advanced in technology, so bigger weapon) Of course this wouldn't matter if they implement an option where you can turn the visibility of the weapon off (Which ALOT of people do because it increases FOV) but still. Does anyone else worry they will see a pitifully huge weapon taking up most of their screen on beta release of T:V, or am I the only one with this?

I know the little, visibility = off on weapon Option is a little tidbit that they will get to if they have time, but it's okay to wish?

TrailerParkPrid said:
Does anyone else besides me not like the new trend of huge, half screen covering guns that are now "the thing" for First Person Shooters? From the Videos, and the screenshots it seems to me that T:V is getting like this also. Although it does fit into the story line (Less advanced in technology, so bigger weapon) Of course this wouldn't matter if they implement an option where you can turn the visibility of the weapon off (Which ALOT of people do because it increases FOV) but still. Does anyone else worry they will see a pitifully huge weapon taking up most of their screen on beta release of T:V, or am I the only one with this?

I know the little, visibility = off on weapon Option is a little tidbit that they will get to if they have time, but it's okay to wish?
I can honestly say I have no clue what you are talking about. The model sizes are fine.

i can't live w/o seeing my disk launcher. if a particular weapon is too large (like sniper rifle in T2), i'll hide just that one.

The disc launcher seems a bit bulky. but then again so did the T2 disc compared to the tribes disc launcher. I know other people have comented on this aswell.

I dont really see it as a problem as long as it dosnt block half my screen like some weapons in other games. (plasma in halo for instance)

What i'm saying is, weapons only ment for heavies/mediums can be big, but weapons that lights can use must be small, even if they look dumb on the larger armors.

Back