Don't be like Dave G (to the active posters of this forum)

TreW_SoulJa

Veteran X
The more you cater to the D, and make it easier to play defense, the more you become like Dave G.

So what i urge you to do is to please, please think about what you're suggesting or what you're "signing" when you agree to others' suggestions. Think about the effects it will have on offense and defense.

Lots of things i end up reading on here suggest things that make it easy to play defense. T2 was defense oriented. I know many of you like T2, but please, our goal here is not to make the same gameplay folleys that were made in T2. (i liked a lot of things about T2 myself).

Don't be Dave G. Reward Awareness, Initiative, Ingenuity, and Smarts because he didn't.

When you think about the features you're talking about, think about this; RAIIS, or "raise". Does it RAIIS?

Ingenuity? That makes me think T2 a lot more than T1. I saw teams use some ingenious attack patterns to get the flag out on Sanctuary back when it was being played. In T1 there are fewer tools to work with so there's less room for it.

I'm not saying there's not strats in T1, I'm saying you don't have as much opportunity for a "wow, that never would have occured to me to do that" moment because there are fewer useful tools available to use creatively.

Shoddy said:
Ingenuity? That makes me think T2 a lot more than T1. I saw teams use some ingenious attack patterns to get the flag out on Sanctuary back when it was being played. In T1 there are fewer tools to work with so there's less room for it.

I'm not saying there's not strats in T1, I'm saying you don't have as much opportunity for a "wow, that never would have occured to me to do that" moment because there are fewer useful tools available to use creatively.

its not like there is a fine line between RTS and FPS

Back