T:V Hand-Drawn IFF?

Amadeus

Veteran XX
First of all, I am aware of how little this change would alter the overall Tribes experience, but they said we shouldn't suggest anything too innovative now... :)

So my idea is to allow players to customize their own, and only their own IFF symbols. This would mean that now on the battlefield, you will be able to tell who's there by simply taking a peak on his IFF.

This wouldn't be a very new idea; even WW1 pilots had their own paint job on their planes, occasionally some carvings too. So now, you could draw a simple 16x16 image in the 'player options' screen (sorta like the HL logos; would be the well known triangle by default) wich will allow players to identify you without trying to get you in their reticle (hopefully that will be hard due to the fast paced gameplay). I know it's a :weird: idea, but... discuss.

I like it except that some people will try to abuse it by making a very small or non-existent IFF so it'd be harder to spot them on the opposing team.

Ixiterra said:
I like it except that some people will try to abuse it by making a very small or non-existent IFF so it'd be harder to spot them on the opposing team.
yeah I think skinning should be the limit of customizing

and even then maybe some sort of check to make sure the skin isn't made translucent or some dumbass hacker trick.

Ixiterra said:
You could always limit the minimum number of pixels to be used. Or better yet, make it like the Windows desktop patterns, where you have two colors to fill a preset shape. You could include, let's see: square, circle, triangle, X, cross and a star by default.

Last edited:
Ixiterra said:

Screw that. 512x512 high definition goatse. You'll know I'm the one coming after you.

Back