[T:V] Options I'd like to see...

Validuz

Contributor
Veteran XX
I don't know if a majority/any of these have been talked about... but here's some of the annoyances I ran into while playing Tribes1/2 (and other FPSers), and I personally would like to see some these options built in-game:

1.) FoV Changer - Have it be able to change it for certain weapons/vehicles and what FoV when you zoom in, etc.

2.) Toggle/Tap Zoom - I hated how some games made the zoom toggle, I'd rather have a "on press" zoom key.

3.) Reset Zoom - I hate how T2 (without a script) saves your last zoom level. I'd like an option to have it "reset" to default zoom level (2/5x) whenever I unzoom.

4.) Full Force Mine/Nade - This is more a personal preference, but it would be nice to have it built-in.

5.) MP3 Playlist - The ability to play your own (added directory) playlist with an in-game gui to change volume, etc would totally rock.

6.) Practice Mode - This totally owns in Classic. It has to be one of the best things ever added (besides Classic itself). I'd really like to see something like this, it helps teams out soo much with routes, etc.

7.) Different Color/Style GUIs - T1's GUI was hideous. T2's GUI was hideous and had that disgusting "puke green" color. Is there any way you guys can let us have an in-game option to change to different styles/colors of the huds?

8.) Hud Mover - Please dear devs, include this. I hate not being able to move huds from their default locations. Also include the ability to "disable" (turn off) a particular hud.

9.) Advanced Graphics Options - Sorta like Unreal2, that game had a lot of options for smoke, ragdoll, etc.

Anyways, can't think of anymore atm, but what'd you guys think?

Validuz said:
7.) Different Color/Style GUIs - T1's GUI was hideous. T2's GUI was hideous and had that disgusting "puke green" color. Is there any way you guys can let us have an in-game option to change to different styles/colors of the huds?

8.) Hud Mover - Please dear devs, include this. I hate not being able to move huds from their default locations. Also include the ability to "disable" (turn off) a particular hud.

9.) Advanced Graphics Options - Sorta like Unreal2, that game had a lot of options for smoke, ragdoll, etc.

From the interviews/articles/council minutes I think these at least are already well in hand at Irrational.

borlaK said:
and also doubleweapon.. if I could only have 1 script in T2 it would be doubleweapon :) (bind 2 weapons to a key, alternate between them)

i'll cry if double weapon doesn't exist in T:V. :cry:

Validuz said:
3.) Reset Zoom - I hate how T2 (without a script) saves your last zoom level. I'd like an option to have it "reset" to default zoom level (2/5x) whenever I unzoom.
id prefer it reset on weapon change..

Validuz said:
I don't know if a majority/any of these have been talked about... but here's some of the annoyances I ran into while playing Tribes1/2 (and other FPSers), and I personally would like to see some these options built in-game:

1.) FoV Changer - Have it be able to change it for certain weapons/vehicles and what FoV when you zoom in, etc.

2.) Toggle/Tap Zoom - I hated how some games made the zoom toggle, I'd rather have a "on press" zoom key.

6.) Practice Mode - This totally owns in Classic. It has to be one of the best things ever added (besides Classic itself). I'd really like to see something like this, it helps teams out soo much with routes, etc.
No comment.

4.) Full Force Mine/Nade - This is more a personal preference, but it would be nice to have it built-in.
We haven't confirmed nor denied the existence of mines or nades. Sorry. But if they (or something like them) existed then something like this would be included.

5.) MP3 Playlist - The ability to play your own (added directory) playlist with an in-game gui to change volume, etc would totally rock.
Nope, unless someone writes it during beta.

Check the various FAQs for what we've said regarding customization.

Yes,
KP

Question: If ragdoll, smoke, etc are graphical options, and removing them will increase performance, will competition devolve into (all else being equal) who plays with the ugliest graphics?

It'd be nice if there were some "minimum graphical setting" that still looked nice, worked pretty well on low end systems, but wouldn't confer much advantage to a high end computer running it.

KineticPoet said:
Nope, unless someone writes it during beta.

What's this mean? Is this an allusion to some form of client-side scripting?

KP, have you ever looked into a script in T2 called roboroute? Basically it was an incredibly useful script that'd let you run a route (you'd set when it'd start recording you, and then end it when you were done), it'd save your positional info. What this allowed it to do would be to spawn a "bot" of sorts, that'd be dragged around the saved positional info which would perfectly emulate the route you just ran.

It had some really neat uses. Each route file was only about 50-100k or so (much less space intensive than a demo for showing a route), so you could share route info/etc more easily than in a demo. It'd let you evaluate routes in a better fashion (being able to actually follow the route from another perspective), in comparison to simply watching a demo. It was also a fairly neat tool for an LD as you could work on the timing of a few specific things vs say a fast well known cap route (md'ing as they came in), or regular chasing in a concentrated format that was more effective than a standard pub.

Any way to include something like this in T:V? It was an amazing tool for T2, (albeit it came out fairly late in T2's life), and could definitely benefit T:V if it came out when T:V released/etc.

Back