[T:V] Reloading

Reverend Zero

Contributor
Veteran XX
Modern shooters on the market nowadays usually are more realistic when it coems to their weapons. When a weapon runs out of ammunition in a clip, the player ejects the clip and puts in a new one. Will this be implemented into Tribes: Vengeance? Looking at some of the screenshots, it looks as if the Disc launcher has a 'ring' where the player would pull out an empty 'clip'. This is how I think it would go:

Player has Disc with 15 rounds(discs) total
5 rounds(discs) per 'clip'
Every time 5 rounds are fired, an animation occurs, showing the player pull out the spent clip, and slapping in a fresh one, full of blue plates of death.
During the reloading period, the player cannot fire, but can change weapon if need be.

So any way, just wondering if reloading would be implemented, and to what weapons this would be applied to.

They said that when a weapon is COMPLETELY out of ammo, the clip pops off and you have to go through a reload animation when you pick up new ammo. This was so that players who completely run out of ammo were penalized for running out.

Slayer_Allen said:
I know that. I wasn't attacking you. I was just stating my opinion on the matter.
I know, I wasn't trying to sound mad, angry, or angst-filled towards you. I suppose it just came off that way. <3 :heart: <3

Zoolooman said:
They said that when a weapon is COMPLETELY out of ammo, the clip pops off and you have to go through a reload animation when you pick up new ammo. This was so that players who completely run out of ammo were penalized for running out.

Ahh, that is awesome, I like that idea even better. Thanks for the info.

uh.. correct me if I'm wrong.. but hasn't the disc ALWAYS had to reload after every shot? Maybe not in the traditional sense (reloading a clip of amunition) but tribes isn't a traditional game. Every weapon but the chaingun comes with very limited ammo compared to other FPS and the reloading is often combined with the weapon's ROF.

You read my mind. I was bout to post this exact same topic; only with the shnazzy title of Tribes: Reloaded and pictures with arrows and stuff...

I can live with the approach to reload only when you run out of ammo then pick some up.

well there's always a way around little things like this, but i guess i'm not 100% sure until the beta, but if you run out of ammo, i'm thinking you'd be able to avoid the 'penalty' (ono an extra second lost :marweas: ) -- you can still drop your weapon and pick up the dead guy's.. like i said dunno yet if everytime you pick up a new weapon it will reload, unless that one is out of ammo too.

Piata=King said:
uh.. correct me if I'm wrong.. but hasn't the disc ALWAYS had to reload after every shot? Maybe not in the traditional sense (reloading a clip of amunition) but tribes isn't a traditional game. Every weapon but the chaingun comes with very limited ammo compared to other FPS and the reloading is often combined with the weapon's ROF.
Yeah. I guess it's kinda like a bolt-action rifle in that sense.

I think they're making it so instead of a new disc just magically appearing in the spinfusor, you'll actually see the guy stick a new one in or something. It'll still be the same reload time (or close) as in T1/T2, just you get to see it happening now.

I dont like reloading at all. Bah, I could name a milion reasons why but itd just be retarded to name them all. Realism does not beget fun. The only reason we're even having this discussion is because of the success of CS. Counterstrike is, honestly, the most overrated, retarded, boring, piece of crap, elitist game ever created. Just say no to realism.

Void|deadjawa said:
Counterstrike is, honestly, the most overrated, retarded, boring, piece of crap, elitist game ever created.

The million plus people playing it regularly may have a different opinion.

Why do we need this, really? Realism? I'm certainly not playing Tribes for that.

I just can't see myself buying the game, installing it and saying to myself, "Oh great I am reloading, how fun"

The time it takes between being able to fire shots more than makes up for it.

Marweas said:
The million plus people playing it regularly may have a different opinion.
I bet the majority of those million plus people are also among some of the more mentally impaired people of this world. Just because a game/mod is popular, doesn't mean it’s good.

More people went to see Scary Movie 3 than Kill Bill. Which would you consider the better movie?

Piata=King said:
I bet the majority of those million plus people are also among some of the more mentally impaired people of this world. Just because a game/mod is popular, doesn't mean it’s good.

More people went to see Scary Movie 3 than Kill Bill. Which would you consider the better movie?

That's about the dumbest thing I've heard all day.

Back