death spam??

Moker

The Poker++
Veteran X
t1 you kill a guy and he hits the ground spammin disks.

has this been thought about for tv?

ded with finger on the trigger

It was kinda discussed in another thread on here (I think the "things not to forget one"), but just in case it wasn't seen...

I'm totally against post-mortem firing and hope it isn't in T:V.

Validuz said:
It was kinda discussed in another thread on here (I think the "things not to forget one"), but just in case it wasn't seen...

I'm totally against post-mortem firing and hope it isn't in T:V.

i'm totally for it. i hope it makes it in T:V

I hate random shit like that in competition games. Reminds me of lightning striking a capper on his way back (kills him) and stops a winning cap.

Randomness should stay in piece of shit, newbie games.. not Tribes.

And that's not even the pathetic HOing in T1, where heavies would poor into a gen room, get totally wasted (like they should have), then their dead body fires another mortar.

Too fucking newb-friendly.

GreeD said:
Sorry but all i hear is crying.

Agreed.

It's not "random shit". It's firing while you're dying. It's also not random because it happens everytime you expect it.

The first time I died while firing in Tribes and I kept shooting I thought, "Sweeeet. Dead man's finger on the trigger."

I also must add that nothing beats getting a post-death grenade or disk kill on someone who just finished you off.

Randomness is bad for competitive games. Period. Adding in an element of randomness like that, and losing a game because someones dead body decided to mortar after dying, taking out gens/whatever when normally it wouldn't have, sounds pretty homosexual to me.

Validuz said:
I hate random shit like that in competition games. Reminds me of lightning striking a capper on his way back (kills him) and stops a winning cap.

Randomness should stay in piece of shit, newbie games.. not Tribes.
Yeah, last time I checked standing in front of an errant disk launcher of a player who is dying is not exactly random.

Random firing should have never been removed.

Keeping it in helps keep the game moving (e.g. a HO can come in hold down his mortar finger and nade finder and suicide).

It isn't random. It is a check. If the player was holding fire at the time of death, it fires for so many seconds. It was always expected in T1 that you don't charge the body after you kill it. For 5 years we had no problems with it, why would you assume we would now?

Its random as in the fact where the projectiles of the dead player go. A dead player could die/drop dead in any which way, and where his shots go are totally random. Hence, randomness.

if i shot u in the face irl would you spout off a couple shots...? NO! you would be dead.thx

You know what I think... is that you guys can't HO worth shit, so you want to totally dumb out and drop a mortar after you are killed.

Post-mortem firing is ridiculous and for newbs.

Back