T:V Voice binds

|zVx|Teflon

Veteran X
Can we get some info on what they will be? I assume they will keep the "i have the enemy flag" and all those but what about the taunts and stuff. I dunno what your allowed to say in games as far as the rating is concerned, but i hope there are some on the level of T1 such as "awwww crap" I hope they arent lame/goofy crap and i really dont want any of that "leet" talk garbage like "you got pwned" or something a guy from the X-Games would say.."whoa that was hardcore to the extreme yo!" i just hope they dont mess it up. Good taunts are what make Tribes games cool. so dont gay it up. what do you think they should have?

Last edited:
I think T2 had a nice format/organization of voice binds. Just expanding on that would be good, imo.

There were some missing pieces to T2's list. Like when you needed a gunner in your tank. And clear the flag, and little stuff like that, that.. :)

Void|deadjawa said:
Did you play T1? Because T1's voice commands were far superior.

How so?

I like the organization of T2, to me it's more intuitive order. T1 had Offense, Defense, Flag, Target, pretty similar, but I like the SELF menu T2 had, Attack, Defend, Quick menu, etc, and like I said, just seemed to organize things a little better.

I agree, the T1 taunts were superior. But as far as the org of the v chat menu, I liked T2 betta. But maybe I'm just more familiar with T2 now days, since I haven't really touched T1 since T2 came out..

I prefer less key hits to more, so I like t1 better. 4 is a little excessive, especially when there are so many wothless binds you didn't use.

3 is much better.

I just want....

"Damnit"
"Duh"
"You idiot"

If I can get those 3 taunts, I'm happy. And I agree that I prefer the 3 letter combos much better.

I hope they keep it as customizable as in T1. Maybe make the default ones encrypted and allow users to define further groups (like I have vc_ for my 'custom' lines).

Strik3r said:
the basic t1 commands/taunts i believe were much better as well...
the 5150 soundpack, however, is where the fun's at

agreed.

Colosus said:
I just want....

"Damnit"
"Duh"
"You idiot"

If I can get those 3 taunts, I'm happy. And I agree that I prefer the 3 letter combos much better.

And they should include the "double you tea eff(, mate?)" just for the hell of it. and make sure at least ONE MALE & FEMALE VOICE HAVE AN AUSSIE ACCENT. you can make the 'mate' not part of the text and only teh voice if you like, but throw that in. would work for like when you get TKed.

KillerONE said:
How so?

I like the organization of T2, to me it's more intuitive order. T1 had Offense, Defense, Flag, Target, pretty similar, but I like the SELF menu T2 had, Attack, Defend, Quick menu, etc, and like I said, just seemed to organize things a little better.
The T2 self menu has its roots in presto-pack, which is a script that everyone had in T1 back in the day.

The 3 letter T1 menu was more intuitive and required fewer keystrokes, and it had more sound clips.

Sir Lucius said:
I prefer less key hits to more, so I like t1 better. 4 is a little excessive, especially when there are so many wothless binds you didn't use.

3 is much better.

Yes.

I don't want to spend allot of time just to say "Attack" or whatever. My t1 commands ended up being all one key bind eventually.

Also did i hear that you were not going to be able to customize the chats? This would be sad if so, it is definitely one thing that makes every player unique in the game. IMO

And keep it to the way T1/T2 had their voice menu.. don't gay it up by making us press v then a number 1 through 9 (like all those other fps's). I can't stand games that do that.

Planetside was probably the closest clone to T1/T2's voice menu except one thing. You can't change your current direction of movement or do other things while navigating through the voice menus. That's what I love so much about the T1/T2 voice menus; you can still perform other actions while quickly punching in the voice bind(s) of your choice.

I'd like to see more useful voice binds... maybe have a pool of 30 phrases and let the players setup their own binds so they can use the ones they want.

Also, we need to be able to announce that something is fixed... I hate it when a million people are yelling "repair our xxx". It would be nice to be able to say "gens are up" or "fixed it" rather than "command completed"

Dalmar said:
Planetside was probably the closest clone to T1/T2's voice menu except one thing. You can't change your current direction of movement or do other things while navigating through the voice menus. That's what I love so much about the T1/T2 voice menus; you can still perform other actions while quickly punching in the voice bind(s) of your choice.

So true. I could care less about anything else, just keep the ease of use.

Back