Ammo pack: What if?

LostAngel

X
Veteran XV
I know everyone's been speculating that the ammo pack might recharge ammo slowly when turned off and possibly just provide more ammo when turned on.

But what if it gives you new ammo types to your weapons? The screenshot of Julia with some sort of pack on her hip makes it seem like they could be different colors, or possibly different types of explosive discs. That would lend to the turned off mode meaning you just get different types of discs, but the same number of the original maybe?

Say like 10 normal explosion discs and then 5 liquid/toxic filled discs (kinda like that ooze gun in Unreal) but that leave paint/liquid splotches on walls and/or on targets causing damage over time.

Same could be said for Mortar's and pretty much any other weapon. Would be like an extra 5 acid rounds for that gun. It would definitely make that pack unique and not just another "ammo pack" like the other tribes games had.

Maybe a specific type of disc for DJ'ing that does less damage, but creates more force?

Acid - Green Disc
Regular - Blue Disc
Yellow - DJ'ing Disc

If it hasn't been thought of already, it would be a cool addition to the pack idea.

I have the sneaking suspicion that it will see some sort of powerup from the ol' double the ammo formula. Because if ANY game would have taken advantage of that, it would have been t2, and it was pretty useless there too.

Sir Lucius said:
Do you carry them on your hips?

If so do you get two turrents? What about invs? Do these things have a passive mode?

probably just one turret, on your back maybe. but then can you have a pack & an inventory/turret?? (perhaps the inventory/turret will weigh even more than in T1). werd.

how bout combine ammo pack with inv pack.. Passive is 2x ammo and Active is a deployed inv... 1 use only.. btw i did not think this idea through at all and balance/spam issues might arise.

Dac346_99 said:
how bout combine ammo pack with inv pack.. Passive is 2x ammo and Active is a deployed inv... 1 use only.. btw i did not think this idea through at all and balance/spam issues might arise.

active things need to be repeatable. they charge up while passive and then you activate them and it resets to start charging again.

-Striker- said:
Wowowow you're on the dev team too?

Yes.

-Striker- said:
Haha what if turrets passive mode was acting like a turret while it was on your back.

Haha, that'd actually be pretty cool. But then would it work when it's too close to other turrets?

Back