Making recordings in single-player?

Zoolooman

Veteran XV
If we can record single player gameplay, I'd enjoy that. That way I can play speed based games against others. See who can beat missions faster.

Otherwise, I'll just use fraps and create super tiny, very heavily compressed avis to compare times with.

Exactly. I want to hold the speed record for completing the first mission. Time trial, so to speak. Especially if the game outputs your mission time at the mission end screen. That'd be awesome.

Single Player can be made for us competitive freaks also. :]

A super hard difficulty (where everything is nigh impossible) would also be nice.

Edit: Super high difficulties and time outputs are what keep people playing SP games well after they've finished the initial, easier difficulties.

I mean, every once in a while I play HL's single player years later, to see how fast I can beat the game on the hard difficulty.

Everyone enjoys the videos of Quake Done Quicker and Doom Done Quick.

Last edited:
I bet that is semi-possible. Certain areas would probably be impossible to cross without jets, but you could try.

*I imagine a canyon, where I take a repair pack and toss it over the gap, then pick up an energy pack, run back, ski towards the gap, and disc jump as I go over, look up and abuse the e-pack boost to get over the short gap without every hitting right-click.*

Mmm... that'd be hella hard. :]

You could steal the ghosting idea from racing games and have some super Tribes ski map where you go against recorded competitors for the best time.

Back