What's info is going to be available in the server browser?

D-Sect

Veteran XX
Do you guys plan on having something like "Map Time Remaining" available to server browers, like the in-game one, gamespy (ack) or All seeing eye?

That would be cool.

Functional Internal Server Browsers (FISB - Fisbee) is a welcome addition to any game I play.

One note of concern might be all the extra data the server has to send to update those server browser requests. So the real question might be, "Will adding in, LOTS of queriable information to the client from the server cause performance problems?"

:)

KillerONE said:
Functional Internal Server Browsers (FISB - Fisbee) is a welcome addition to any game I play.

One note of concern might be all the extra data the server has to send to update those server browser requests. So the real question might be, "Will adding in, LOTS of queriable information to the client from the server cause performance problems?"

:)

It'd just be a few more bytes (or bits) depending how they do it.

Hope I'm not going too far off topic, but I would *love* to see a "suggested skill level" value that server admins could set and that would appear on the server browser. Suggested possible values:
open/any/all (<- default value)
beginner/newbie/Where to?
fair/apprentice/developing/Our base is secure.
good/veteran/proficient/Nice move.
excellent/l33t/all-star/I am the greatest.

Back