Prediction thread: What ultra dumb things will new players do?

ZProtoss

10,000++
Veteran XV
Disclaimer: Thread is merely for fun only. Poking fun at how new people to the game can act really stupid in lots of ways!

A few things I can think of off hand that I *know* people will be doing.

Player A.: Stays in heavy armor all map. Walks on the ground jetting seldomly. Fires rocket pod non-stop.

Player B: Rapid fire sniper. Grabs a rifle + ammo pack, spends most of the map shooting non-charged up shots and wonders why he doesen't kill anything.

Player C: BF1942 style vehicle player. Camps veh spawn area only, refuses to leave it. Threatens to vote kick if you grab a vehicle he wanted to get into.

Tons more variations on this obviously that we'll all see on random pub servers that aren't pw'ed from the start. Now, lets talk about new clans/tribes to the game!

Tribe A.: SKILZ Part 2. No doubt at all that some "top" teams from other games, be it cs, bf1942, or whatever, will come to TW and immediately flaunt their cock saying they'll stomp all the older vets in the game. Only to get beaten down horrendously.

Tribe B: "We cannot lose, you must cheat!". I can only imagine the headaches TWL is going to have with stuff like this. Complaints about players going "too fast", and things being exploits. "He setup a route to cap the flag, he grabbed really fast, he's exploiting the speed of the game!"

Post more as you think of them, but truthfully as annoying as stuff like this will get in the short term, it'll be a nice problem to have. Since at least with the initial wave of stupidity a fair amount of good/talented/smart players should come about as well. Still though, lots of entertainment is ahead no doubt :p

Thats not true.
There will always be the HVs and the other random noob servers of the world to fill that gap.
But then they won't get good, and will play there forever, and never become part of the "community".

HV is easy to find now. It won't be at the start of T:V when there are many more populated servers.

Edit: And there's no reason people should have to get good if they don't care to.

Last edited:
1-Making little fortresses in tactically useless and remote parts of the map by using up all the deployables. Leaving the base open to be assraped by the enemy.

2-circle strafing and bunny hopping. :lol:

3-blowing up all freindly base defences so you can go out and do #1

4- sitting at the bottom of a verticle tunnel and jump jetting over and over, but never *quite* getting to the top of the hole.
... then whining about it.

5-Taking a vehicle and going on a mystical quest to find the edge of the map. Extra points if you have passengers.

6- getting into a vehicle and immediately crashing it into a cluster of freindlies.

7- Mistaking the game for deathmatch and running around shooting everyone you see. Asking in chat what the little arrows above people's heads mean the whole time.

Neek said:
7- Mistaking the game for deathmatch and running around shooting everyone you see. Asking in chat what the little arrows above people's heads mean the whole time.
That reminds me of a conversation between me and some stupid kid in school when he played the game for the third time:

Noob (yelling): Am I on the green team or the red team?
Me: For the last time, greens are your friends and reds are your enemies!
Noob (yelling): Are your enemies red too? We're on the same team then!

That made me want to strangle him with my bare hands. :grimreape

Laser pointers... I hope these are in there. Watching newbies trying to kill others with them is funny as hell.

hmm, lets see...

1. trying to run over people with other vehicles beauces there's no shrike (and failing horribly)

2. answering crtl+k for every question about a keyboard command

Are we certain of the no shrike thing at this point?
I don't remember anyone saying there were not going to be any flying vehicles...
Did i miss something here?

Back