you guys are gonna fix this, right?

fix.jpg

the way those rockets are pointing, it looks like the smoke is coming out his ass, not from the actual rockets. big problem ive seen in a lot of the SS that always bugged me.

The particle effects look like they are getting better. In most of the movies I've seen they have looked like balls of cotton rather than a continuous "cloud" - some non-tribes players around here have commented on how silly it looked. Glad to see the improvement.

I wonder how visibility/frame rate will be affected with 30 guys on screen using their jets?

In the pics released today.. YOu can see on Julia's Jet pack that there is Jets up high with the flames... Maybe for forward accelleration. There are also LOWER jets for vertical accelleration.

Exhaust often doesn't come directly out of where a the jet opening would end. Usually at the cone of the propulsion. So the smoke is probably in the right place.

That said, I always thought the jet exhaust was pretty lame. :) But particle effects as mentioned aren't finished and the game has a year of polishing to go, which is lotsa. :)

Back