CTF in an arena?

yeah

Noticed that earlier too, and I keep it as great idea for CTF

makes it worth a lot for smaller group of players on servers.

I get the impression that it will not be possible to go oob in T:V. So arenas, or TR2 style oob-grid bounces will probably be used.

There were rumblings about part of the SP game featuring you as a star player in a popular competition sportsy kinda thing, so CTF in an arena looks like a tie-in with that.

a couple small arena-ish CTF maps could be cool, i just wouldn't want every CTF map to be like that.

The first time I played in a game and heard my name on a shoutcast (Marweas has the flag! He's heading back to his base! He's losing momentum, he's never going to make it... shot dead by XXXXXX at the bottom of the hill, flag gets returned :cry: ) this is exactly what I was picturing: a stadium, crowds, a huge scoreboard, etc..

Needless to say there will be plenty of wide open maps for play as well, which should create no less excitement than the arena.

Last edited:
Deceptikon said:
its generally not a good idea to listen to the shoutcast of the game you're playing in while you're playing :shrug:

My family was listening, so I couldn't help hearing. It was pretty odd with the time delay. Still, that, and hitting GotMilk with a mid-air are two of my most memorable online gaming moments. :)

Marweas said:
The first time I played in a game and heard my name on a shoutcast (Marweas has the flag! He's heading back to his base! He's losing momentum, he's never going to make it... shot dead by XXXXXX at the bottom of the hill, flag gets returned :cry: ) this is exactly what I was picturing: a stadium, crowds, a huge scoreboard, etc..

Hey do you ever watch golf? They always have grandstands on the greens so everyone can watch where the real action goes down. It would be cool if there were maps like that in T:V. Not nessecarily just huge stadiums, but maps where there were grandstands behind the flags. That way it could seem sporty but you could still make wide open maps :)

Void|deadjawa said:
Hey do you ever watch golf? They always have grandstands on the greens so everyone can watch where the real action goes down. It would be cool if there were maps like that in T:V. Not nessecarily just huge stadiums, but maps where there were grandstands behind the flags. That way it could seem sporty but you could still make wide open maps :)

please god no. keep at lease some of the war like element in the game. grandstands by the flag is one step above hearing the "killing spree!" guy every 10 seconds.

|zVx|Teflon said:
please god no. keep at lease some of the war like element in the game. grandstands by the flag is one step above hearing the "killing spree!" guy every 10 seconds.
Where did i make the jump from saying I like an idea to saying i want every map to be like UT2k3?

Did I miss something?

I used to love listening to shoutcasts of games I played in. It cracks me up hearing the announcer say the totally wrong thing 45 seconds after it happens.

Back