[ T:V ] PC Requirements

oodLes

Veteran XV
Hey all. I was just looking over the FAQ, and the screenshots on T:V, and somewhere it says that one of the Dev's is running a 2gig Athlon with 512 DDR and a GF4 Ti.

I reckon these specs might be a bit low from what im seeing, (Massive arenas, huge detail, etc..) but i hope not. At present, Im running an AMD Athlon Barton 3200+ w'512 DDR and (sadly) a 32Mb Gf2MX400. I know I'll need a better videocard, but what to get. Whats the estimated release date again? (Then add a month)

oodles said:
Hey all. I was just looking over the FAQ, and the screenshots on T:V, and somewhere it says that one of the Dev's is running a 2gig Athlon with 512 DDR and a GF4 Ti.

I reckon these specs might be a bit low from what im seeing, (Massive arenas, huge detail, etc..) but i hope not. At present, Im running an AMD Athlon Barton 3200+ w'512 DDR and (sadly) a 32Mb Gf2MX400. I know I'll need a better videocard, but what to get. Whats the estimated release date again? (Then add a month)

unless they go WAY beyond existing unreal engine games, i think the FAQ sounds dead on. granted, the sys spec range from AO to UT2k3 to Splinter Cell is rather dramatic.

one thing i'd bet on is needing 512 ram for decent performance. who knows what eye candy, shader dx9 goodies they implement.

i'd like to think a g4 is adaquate.

as for the gf2-32mb, dude. while it might actually be playable with that, just give up on that idea right now (i played with a gf2-64 PCI card, yes, pci - until about a month ago).

I know I know. Poor GF2.
Im thinking about an 8x AGP Gf4 Ti4800 128Mb for $231. (Australian)
That Should do the ticket :)

I still have a GF2, but I'm not expecting T:V to run on it. Its about 3 years old now (if not more) so its served its purpose.

Back