[T:V] Disklauncher Muzzle Flash effect?

Reverend Zero

Contributor
Veteran XX
Now i know that the game is still in its early stages, and some of the stuff shown in the videos is only a place holder, but i've thought of a nifty muzzle flash for the disclauncher.

According to arcane scripture, the disk launcher uses "mag-lev" technology. I assume that means somethin g along the lines of magnetic levitation(sp?). Anyhows, instead of some "flash", why not have a cool electricity effect?

Example: Disklauncher is fired. Disk travels along the "rails" of the gun, creating small sparks of blue electricity. As the disk begins to leave the rails, electricity arcs towards the gun. The disk pulls away, at the same time electricity is still keeping the gun/disk attached to each other.

Now this doesn't slow down the disk at all, it is merely an effect.

Here is a picture I whipped up in paint.
http://bandicot.morpheus.net/upload/files/upload.21395.1.disc.gif
Note the fine quality animation and art I did, accurately depicting the disk projectile leaving the gun. I also added my own version of bullet time, which I call Slomo! mode.

'Slomo! Mode' and 'Cool Electricity Disk effect' are copyrighted or some shit like that

Somewhere a little old lady was creamed by a taxi while trying to cross the street while you made that. I weep for the little old lady.

:mecry:

Thrax Panda said:
Somewhere a little old lady was creamed by a taxi while trying to cross the street while you made that. I weep for the little old lady.

:mecry:
So is this your roundabout way telling me that my idea is the best idea since sliced bread, AND it will make it all the way into T:V, with appropriate props to me in all scenes of the credits? Cool, thanks.

<3

Darkfire said:
They already have a good enough disc muzzle effect.
Aye, it looks good, but it doesn't seem appropriate for the weapon. It's unimportant anyhow. This was some crackhole idea I dreamed up while laying face down in my bed. I guess the lack of oxygen does things to you.

Well, I dont know that a magnetic disk catapult would be any more likely to shoot sparks than it would be to create a blue muzzle flash..

The current muzzle flash could be due to say....superheating of air particles near the disk or something like that. But that animation you made is pretty cool nonetheless :)

tv_disc_effect.jpg

^^^ ownage, please don't change.

Back