The Art of Skiing

A large part of this is in the map design. Just because you can make super smooth bowls (read:all of the t2 classic maps) doesn't mean you should. Jagged difficult terrain is what brings the skill in skiing, the overall game and physics model has little to do with it.

While I agree that terrain is critical, physics matter as well. Even if the terrain is difficult, there is no point in skiing well if you can't go mad fast due to a speed cap etc.

It's all important.

Thrax has already said there won't be a speed cap, or at least he is strongly against one. What I mean is you could get the T2 physics as close to T1 as you want, with maps like surreal etc it'll still be easy shit to ski.

skiing is very artsy; almost ballet-esque...

thats why i tend to think that most tribes players are a little :closet:...

(real men deathmatch.)

Pachacutec said:
skiing is very artsy; almost ballet-esque...

thats why i tend to think that most tribes players are a little :closet:...

(real men deathmatch.)

are ninjas ghey?

i did not think so and both you and I know that being good at skiing is like being a ninja

yeah, it's up to the mappers...however, most of the reason you see rolling terrain in *most* classic t2 maps is because of that damned "insta-stop" bug, where if you ski on flat ground, you come to an instand stop. very annoying.

Got Haggis? said:
yeah, it's up to the mappers...however, most of the reason you see rolling terrain in *most* classic t2 maps is because of that damned "insta-stop" bug, where if you ski on flat ground, you come to an instand stop. very annoying.
ya thats tru
t1 seems to be much better about transitioning your verticle speed to horizontal speed even on not that great of slopes. the skill is not taking dmg

Back