Chance to find items when looting monsters per race?

Maniacal

Contributor
alright, so i notice something strange...

so far, up until today, i had started 2 characters... both elf scouts... one i rerolled to make him stronger...

but both elf scouts never found anything... and still rarely do... and by that i mean when looting items off corpses... even early on, on newb island... id find gold sure... but no more than a few items the entire time... and even now my r4 scout has found a total of 10 or so items on dead monsters...

but i started my shade rogue last night... got him up to level 4 in no time... but the whole time i was finding loot... i had my inventory full to max capacity 3 times... i even found 2 runes (never found a rune w/ either of my elves)... weapons and armor too, and plenty of it...

wtf is that all about?

well, depends on what kind of things your're killing as to if there is anything but money on em. Snakes for example won't have anything but money, but the nail tooths drop swords and clubs.

Roga said:
well, depends on what kind of things your're killing as to if there is anything but money on em. Snakes for example won't have anything but money, but the nail tooths drop swords and clubs.

um duh?

im leveling the same place

in fact, its the same exact place, ive level all my chars at the begining, just outside agans ring.

Roga said:
Snakes for example won't have anything but money
They have no pockets ... vge ... :D

As to the more serious question, Mani, I have also noticed that my Thief tends to find more interesting stuff on corpses then does my Healer, for instance.

Possibly the class of the one who administers the final blow determines what kind of loot gets dropped?

Dunno.

Error|550 said:
They have no pockets ... vge ... :D

As to the more serious question, Mani, I have also noticed that my Thief tends to find more interesting stuff on corpses then does my Healer, for instance.

Possibly the class of the one who administers the final blow determines what kind of loot gets dropped?

Dunno.

i thought of this too

but in this particular case both elves and the shade were rogues, so im stumped...

Back