Questiom about archer

KoyCymru

Breaker5
What types of advantages would I see from going with a warrior class archer instead of a rogue one? Greater damage output, better ability to hold ground?

The warrior would have access to better armor (with higher dex penalty) and would have more hp. the rogue would only be able to wear light armor (with small dex penalty), wouldn't have as much hp, but would be able to hide and evade. My personal suggestion is to go rogue, but I haven't played an archer this is just from what I've read elsewhere.

If your going archer, I'd say just be a scout or a ranger, depending on what you want to be doing. Being a warrior/archer nets you a few problems, one being you have the ability for heavy / med armor, but due to the dex penalties you cannot wear it, wasting one advantage. Another being I doubt you'd get those fancy shot skills that the scout/ranger gets (could be very wrong on that)

I don't know, personally, it seems not worth it. A warrior is for HtH and a scout/ranger for range (though I have seen some rangers with 2-h swords, not for me though)

Give it a shot if you've got the time, but thats what I think.

Roga said:
scouts can see invis though :)

im well aware that scouts can see invisible, i have a lvl 36 scout

but he was talking about making a fighter-arhcer

and that has some distint drawbacks

so i was offering the alternative of the ranger, who does good damage w/ the bow (becuase the fighter-archer he was describing would have no detect also)

Last edited:
Back