PlanetSide beta soon, will you apply?

TheGhost

Veteran XV
I will, just to see if dave george$on will have a beta that runs...

And its a MMOFPS, kinda cool to see what it will be like, because I sure don't plan on playing it when its released, i'm not going to fucking pay to play a FPS (unless its really fucking cool)

EDIT: http://planetside.station.sony.com/team_comments.jsp Dave G's "letters from the team" aka no one can talk except me.

Man

T2 was like ...

I felt like a fish banging against a glass window .. only to back up and do it again...

Got Haggis? said:
I applied several months ago....haven't heard anything..have they started any phases of the beta yet?

No, I applied like august 2001 or some shit when they accepted applications after dave G got on as producer or whatever.

Soon hes supposed to be accept applications for like a few week beta i'm sure, he keeps saying (and has been) for the past year that it will be released Q1 2003

1) We've been working on lowering the min specs for the game. No guarantees yet, but we should have some nice announcements on that front soon. This is the result of hard work by the programmers and artists to bring framerate in line. It was all optimization work. No artwork has been sacrificed.

Yah last time he was in charge of "optimising code" he got rid of artwork and decreased visible distance and increased fog. with one arm bound behinds he's back he will REALLY have to increase fog now

yah there are some 486 "just outside daves office" that runs the game on Voodoo1 with 30fps

Back