So I am hexing around in tribes..(1)

SarcaStick said:
just make the palettes and we will all <3 you. :)

I am not really looking to make palletes...

I am no graphics person, i do need someone to help me out with keywords like ala the gui, spy be the best person for that?

Yea i think so.

Spy seemed to always be the one messing with the GUI stuff, so I'd refer to him with any questions.

also...what exactly have ya found so far?

SarcaStick said:
Yea i think so.

Spy seemed to always be the one messing with the GUI stuff, so I'd refer to him with any questions.

also...what exactly have ya found so far?

shitload of fear gui stuff, pallete info, and alot of shadow rendering.

wtf, when shin asked you about this and told you I was thinking about doing this, you didn't say you knew about this stuff :|

Although, if there's anything at all I can do to help, lemme know.

Siward said:
wtf, when shin asked you about this and told you I was thinking about doing this, you didn't say you knew about this stuff :|

Although, if there's anything at all I can do to help, lemme know.

I told him I didn't have time.

I am re addicted to tribes... Hence, I have time now.

i'm currently putzing around in writers support scripts, really impressive i might add. they're a bit hard to grasp however beacause i'm constantly looking up function definitions. he basically made his own language..

i'm new to scripting.. its so cool :D

what bobred is trying to say, is that he's just looking for reference strings in the hope he may be able to change something for 'something cool' to happen

bobredhacker.jpg

int main(int argcount, char **argv){};

argcount is the number of arguments in the command line. The first argument is always the executable name, followed by anything after. For example:

d:\Tribes\Tribes.exe -dedicated +exec ServerConfig

has 4 arguments.

argv[0] = d:\Tribes\Tribes.exe
argv[1] = -dedicated
argv[2] = +exec
argv[3] = ServerConfig

I just wrote an app to dump out legible strings within tribes.exe to see what you're talking about. I assume you're seeing stuff like this:
Code:
wrongargcounttoisTriggered(player,imageSlot)
False
True
isTriggered:invalidimageSlot
False
wrongargcounttosetSensorSupression(player,value)
False
True
That just means that those functions will return an error message if you don't fill all the parameters.

Back