[T2 Release] Disc Explosion V - Gel

SarcaStick

Contributor
This is really only my 2nd attempt at a T2 disc explosion.
The first was the white skull. I guess as things progress, hopefully I can get better at T2 stuff.

anywho... I hope you guys like it. If not, maybe I'll be able to make up something later down the road.

blue-orange_gel.gif

vl2

green-purple_gel.gif

vl2

orange-yellow_gel.gif

vl2

pink-green_gel.gif

vl2

white-red_gel.gif

vl2

red-white_gel.gif

vl2

purple-blue_gel.gif

vl2

P.S. - I seem to have to extract these into my skins directory. Maybe it's just me, i dunno. Anywho, Let me know if you had to do the same thing or please point out what I may be doing wrong. Thx.

Last edited:
Yes, I copied in the .vol, and the skin didn't take affect, but I extracted, and it worked.

btw, ty sarc, these really kick ass

The reason why the vl2 files DON'T work is that they're not made to the textures/skins folder and then made into vl2s w/ folder names saved.

Just a little heads up Sarc ;) Beautiful skins btw.

SarcaStick: Since these are texture replacements you need to make it load after textures.vl2, so many people put a z, or 2, and I prefer using an underscore "_".

Code:
_someDiscExplosion.vl2

Some people can get it to load without it, but using the scheme above seems to work for everyone.

sarc.. you forgot the path..

you need to make a path that says textures/skins, then drop the png's in the skins folder, then make a vl2 out of it, then you can drop it in base folder :D

edit: would it be possible, to make the blue explosion's inner part dark blue instead of orange? that would truly look sexay :>

Last edited:
Well Alex, basically what I've setup is a base of the explosion. I'm more than sure and welcome others to make more exotic mixes of colors.

I can't decide which one to use.

Someone write a script that picks one at random each time a disc explodes :)

Back