• Hosted by Branzone
  • PayPal Donate

Haunting Gas Chamber Replica Remembers the Holocausts Horrors

Submitted by: Odio @ 03:41 AM | Wednesday, June 8, 2016 | (url: http://www.wired....)

DONT TURN AWAY: A team of architectural historians rebuilt a Nazi gas chamber.

The stark-white plaster casts of workon display at the Venice Architectural Biennale as The Evidence Roomdoes more than just make visitors uncomfortable (though it does that, too). In responding to the Biennales theme, Reporting from the Front, the reconstruction both remembers the Holocaust and refuses to let its literal architects escape without blame.

The exhibit actually grew out of a court case. In 1996, Holocaust denier David Irving sued writer and historian Deborah Lipstadt and her publisher Penguin Books for libel. Lipstadts 1994 book Denying the Holocaust: The Growing Assault on Truth and Memory featured Irvings revisionist interpretation of the era. In order to fight Irvings lawsuit, Lipstadt had to prove that the Holocaust did, indeed, happen. The court called on Robert Jan van Pelt, architectural historian at the University of Waterloo. His job, on the stand, was to prove the genocidal intent of concentration camps. He had the proof: the architects who built the crematoriums left behind blueprints and letters.
Van Pelt, along with other professors and students from the University of Waterloo, used that evidence to reconstruct full-scale replicas of a gas column, a gas door, and a gas-tight hatch. Theyre nightmarish to look atbut looking, and acknowledging, is the whole point. Its a perfect example of the unflinching tone Alejandro Aravena, the latest winner of architectures prestigious Pritzker Prize and the director of this years Biennale, is urging architects to adopt in facing difficult issues.

It is a profound experience for all of us, said van Pelt in a statement, and, in design terms, a radical, unprecedented investigation into the possibility to represent something unrepresentable: the architectural evidence of a factory of death.


06-08-16 - 03:46 AM
All the "reconstructions" are horseshit propaganda. The "Majdanek Gas Chamber Myth" film debunks but one of them:

[YOUTUBE]2R6mTTrOlzE[/YOUTUBE]
06-08-16 - 04:02 AM
Sad we have idiots like absent and Nash running around. It's like people don't have relatives that went to the camps and never returned. What happened to all of the Hungarian Jews? They live on Mars now?
06-08-16 - 04:15 AM
Most of them went to Palestine, South America or USA. Some died from typhus after the noble allies bombed the shit out of everything. It's sad we have retarded patriotards with zero critical thinking ability like WarRetard just eating whatever bullshit they're fed.
06-08-16 - 06:36 AM
Ya it's totally normal for people to just move to different countries and not tell their relatives where they went, totally normal :lol:
06-08-16 - 06:40 AM
What's your proof for them "not telling anyone"? What some jew claims? LOL. The holohoax was invented by the Soviet jewish propagandist Ilya Ehrenburg. He also agitated the mongol Soviet troops to kill or rape a German every day, lest the day be wasted.

[IMG]https://i.imgur.com/7oP7qGY.jpg[/IMG]

It's a politically expedient lie the jews use to blackmail White people the world over, not just in Germany.
06-08-16 - 06:43 AM
I fucking hate you insensitive bastards. Some of us had family die in those camps.

I'm still saddened by the thought of that wintry night we lost my Grandfather.

He slipped and fell from his watchtower.
06-08-16 - 07:50 AM
For a gas chamber that doesn't really look very air tight or efficient. I think Germans would be appalled at such shoddy craftsmanship.
06-08-16 - 07:57 AM
Originally posted by WarBuddha  
Ya it's totally normal for people to just move to different countries and not tell their relatives where they went, totally normal :lol:


Also normal to leave behind their shoes and teeth.
06-08-16 - 08:08 AM
absent plumbing new depths of stupidity and blind paranoid ignorance. Nothing to see here, move along.
06-08-16 - 08:49 AM
WJP
06-08-16 - 11:25 AM
[IMG]https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/a9/b6/fa/a9b6faf77fe173a6cb20e2d289811b66.jpg[/IMG]
06-08-16 - 06:51 PM
Originally posted by absent  
All the "reconstructions" are horseshit propaganda. The "Majdanek Gas Chamber Myth" film debunks but one of them:

[YOUTUBE]2R6mTTrOlzE[/YOUTUBE]


Lol you're so high right now
06-08-16 - 07:28 PM
Isn't this what modern gentrification is about minus putting people in gas chambers and ovens?
06-08-16 - 07:38 PM

Absent does exactly what he accuses others (but especially the Jews) of doing: repeating a lie, loudly and frequently, never missing an opportunity to inject the lie into casual conversation, until slowly, people begin to believe the lie. If you repeat something often enough people eventually just accept it to be true. And when enough people believe the lie it becomes a part of their collective reality - - It is effectively true.

This is what absent claims the Jews have done with the "holohoax" and now he's trying to use the same strategy against them (on a semi-dead video game forum). But what he fails to realize is that the Jews, had they really deceived us all, have got a 70 year head start with their lie.

Oops.
06-08-16 - 07:55 PM
Originally posted by Data  
Absent does exactly what he accuses others (but especially the Jews) of doing: repeating a lie, loudly and frequently, never missing an opportunity to inject the lie into casual conversation, until slowly, people begin to believe the lie. If you repeat something often enough people eventually just accept it to be true. And when enough people believe the lie it becomes a part of their collective reality - - It is effectively true.

This is what absent claims the Jews have done with the "holohoax" and now he's trying to use the same strategy against them (on a semi-dead video game forum). But what he fails to realize is that the Jews, had they really deceived us all, have got a 70 year head start with their lie.

Oops.


bingo

only difference between them is jews don't (because they can't) abuse absents forum ignore feature to hide in their safe space quite like he does
Login to comment.