• Hosted by Branzone
  • PayPal Donate

Dev Says "Enemy Territory: Tribal War" Mod. 'Easy to Create'

Submitted by: FireStarter @ 10:09 PM | Thursday, June 21, 2007 | (url: http://www.splash...)

Splash Damage programmer who implemented the ski code for "Enemy Territory: Quake Wars" speaks of the ease of creating a Tribes Mod for the game and shares his willingness to spearhead the effort.

"Most of the groundwork is all there - easily moddable weapons, character classes, vehicles, support for massive terrains, etc. With the kickstart of the physics then I'm convinced that a dedicated team could whip out a prototype Tribes mod in a pretty short timespan."



06-21-07 - 10:21 PM
there seems to be a couple of different groups wanting to spearhead it, is there one that is formed from around here?

Or is it all talk?
06-21-07 - 10:29 PM
I wont lie, it's all talk right now, just like those other mods that we hear about every 2 months but never see anything happening from them. However, this seems more relevant now as the release date is just around the corner (hopefully).
06-21-07 - 10:57 PM
Originally posted by GlassShadow  
there seems to be a couple of different groups wanting to spearhead it, is there one that is formed from around here?

Or is it all talk?
I'm backing the SD developer that said he's going to make one. Fuck trying to get anything worth playing out of TW people.
06-21-07 - 11:19 PM
Originally posted by LouCypher  
I'm backing the SD developer that said he's going to make one. Fuck trying to get anything worth playing out of TW people.
I understand the bloke is going to get it off the ground by giving the community the code, it just seems like the only community group that really is organised for it is a T2 group (which isn't bad, but not as fast as T1).

Ah well, will just have to see :)
06-22-07 - 12:56 AM
i Like the game right now, both sides need jetpacks!.
06-22-07 - 02:42 AM
what engine is it on?

nm

doom 3 engine
06-22-07 - 04:00 AM
Originally posted by GlassShadow  
I understand the bloke is going to get it off the ground by giving the community the code, it just seems like the only community group that really is organised for it is a T2 group (which isn't bad, but not as fast as T1).

Ah well, will just have to see :)


Hey

T1 had it's chance at a sequel.

We all payed for it.

Hopefully this dev can rally support and even give this thing enough momentum to see it through to a playable state.
06-22-07 - 04:08 AM
start whippin bitch. would be nice.
06-22-07 - 04:12 AM
I'd only contribute to this project if one of the devs, close friend of the devs, or someone like Trajan were leading this project. I'm not at all interested if some Tribes junkie from the community wants to put together a band of merry men and let everyone 'contribute'.
06-22-07 - 05:48 AM
Hey, T2 is slower than the gameplay of T1, wasn't condeming it...but speed is a good thing.


Eh just market the mod as a 'sport' gametype (to offset the serious quakewars gamestyle) and you'll probably be laughing.
06-22-07 - 10:08 AM
Originally posted by GlassShadow  
Hey, T2 is slower than the gameplay of T1, wasn't condeming it...but speed is a good thing.


Eh just market the mod as a 'sport' gametype (to offset the serious quakewars gamestyle) and you'll probably be laughing.


T2 Classic was just as fast if not faster than T1, kthxbye.

Somone should get the zod's involved :)
06-22-07 - 12:33 PM
This article was tagged "sex" and there's none of it going on.

PS: Judging from the years of development poured into the projects thusfar, I highly doubt anyone has the Sexual stamina nor the project stamina to complete a Tribes mod.
06-22-07 - 12:55 PM
Originally posted by Arcanox  
I'd only contribute to this project if one of the devs, close friend of the devs, or someone like Trajan were leading this project. I'm not at all interested if some Tribes junkie from the community wants to put together a band of merry men and let everyone 'contribute'.
I don't think Tribes folk want Trajan leading this.
06-22-07 - 01:12 PM
Um.

I'll have to upgrade if any sort of tribes mod takes off.

could turn out to be the renegaydes of ET
06-22-07 - 01:12 PM
:shrug:
Login to comment.