TW stock traders

Bet on baseball. In about 3 hours time with your $500 you can do one of two things:

A) ROI of about 80-90 percent

B) lose a relatively small amount ($500) but you seem to want to gamble and already said it's money you can afford to lose

gg.

im just quoting rayn... ask anyone else in the high finance industry and theyll tell you the same.

not necessarily rigged, but definitely one sided. if you don't have a bberg terminal, factset and/or an actual broker w/ live feed, you can't compete or even keep up

not necessarily rigged, but definitely one sided. if you don't have a bberg terminal, factset and/or an actual broker w/ live feed, you can't compete or even keep up

and a long list of other things, like insider info... or the $ to be a market maker (aka manipulator).

the reason i'm getting in now isn't because i've been hearing that the markets are doing well (even though they are). i'm getting in because i want to try and grow some money over the short term (1-2 yrs). i am feeling bullish on a few tech stocks through some research.

take TSM for example. they are a semi-conductor company and may start getting apple's business. they are ~$18 a share and while i feel that is a little undervalued, i see the potential for growth in the near-term. that's why i was thinking of starting with a stock like that one. my hope is that they could be ~$26 a share by the end of the year. plus they have a dividend which i assume i'd receive quarterly and that would be like a bonus? also, they are projected for strong growth this quarter (and through year end) and wanted to get in before Q2 earnings are released.

^is this not a good way to look for an individual stock?

i'm not trying to "beat" the markets as much as just find a few growth stocks and ride them for short while until i can build a bankroll.

where are you deriving your estimates? DCF?

also, usually anything mentioned in a sell-side analyst report that retail investors have access to is all but guaranteed to already be priced in

Back