Today in History- 1985 Philadelphia.

tumblr_m54lye4S601qdlh1io1_r1_400.gif

Are you in support of police departments dropping bombs on buildings in city limits?

Just want to be sure I heard you correctly.
If those buildings in city limits are filled with people engaged in a firefight with the police.

Like i said...do you know how you DONT get a bomb dropped on your house by the police?

Do you know how you don’t cost your tax payers multimillions of dollars in damages including making your victims families rich?
1.5 mil to get rid of outlaw militants AND clear off a block of poverty-stricken abandoned row homes that the city would have had to pay to tear down anyway, after a few years of those houses being used for various crimes. Not a bad deal at all.

1.5 mil to get rid of outlaw militants AND clear off a block of poverty-stricken abandoned row homes that the city would have had to pay to tear down anyway, after a few years of those houses being used for various crimes. Not a bad deal at all.
It was much more than that, that was just the one to move family survivors. They destroyed 61 neighboring homes, displacing 250. I know you don’t think they matter because they were low income black families.

bro

Police torched 60 homes. Like...how egregious does an offense have to be before you're ok to say ftp just one time?

bro

Police torched 60 homes. Like...how egregious does an offense have to be before you're ok to say ftp just one time?
Its not the egregious part. If it were unprovoked, then yeah, FTP.

But it wasn't. This group were literally the definition of domestic terrorists to their own neighbors, they were planting fake bombs and leaving bomb threat notes everywhere, they built this house up to be a fortress knowing this was going to end this way sooner or later and apparently did such a good job that the cops couldn't get past their defenses to take the house.

Exactly what should the cops have done? Ask them to keep it down? Maybe ask them to have their kids go to school? See if they would agree to putting clothes on their kids and feeding them? How many times should the cops have went out there to quiet this place down while they got into it with their neighbors?

Like i said...does anyone know how you DONT get your house bombed?

Yeah I guess the cops had no other option but to burn down 60 homes of poor innocent people. Their hands were tied.

I guess the MOVE members had no other option but to fire on the cops, intimidate their neighbors and plant fake bombs around the city and country

The Philadelphia Police Department allowed the resulting fire to burn out of control, destroying 61 previously evacuated neighboring homes over​

article reads a little biased
'allowed' .... are the police firefighters? Were no firefighters called? by neighbors ?

'evacuated homes' Were they evacuated home owners by authorities before dealing with MOVE, or were they abandoned houses that homeless were living in.? weak point but I'd like clarity...

I guess the MOVE members had no other option but to fire on the cops, intimidate their neighbors and plant fake bombs around the city and country

I guess if there's a group of violent offenders living 50 doors down from your place it's okay for the cops to burn your house down to catch them :LOL:

Back