New Appalachian Trail Record

10869705_10153593267640329_4738252139015308941_o.jpg

why he holding ski poles when there no snow... wat a tard lolol

good job but he didn't seem to be carrying enough gear to last for 46 days

Nobody can carry enough for 46 days, even if you're just simply walking. Hikers of the trail have to set up pickups for themselves along the trail so they don't run out of supplies. Pretty sure someone trying to set a world record time isn't going to carry anything other than water and enough calories to make it to the next meeting point.

Nobody can carry enough for 46 days.
What Scott did was set the fastest known time on the trail, bottom to top. When Jennifer Davis set the record in 2011, she did it top to bottom. ..the ultra running blog-fights about which way is harder are pretty awesome, trust me.

There are records for through-hikers, that carry their tents, sleeping bags, and food with them. . . .They get water and supplies as they go. Those records exist somewhere. You are correct though, he did not set out in Georgia carrying four hundred and fifty gallons of water.

What Scott did was set the fastest known time on the trail, bottom to top. When Jennifer Davis set the record in 2011, she did it top to bottom. ..the ultra running blog-fights about which way is harder are pretty awesome, trust me.

There are records for through-hikers, that carry their tents, sleeping bags, and food with them. . . .They get water and supplies as they go. Those records exist somewhere. You are correct though, he did not set out in Georgia carrying four hundred and fifty gallons of water.

the through hiker record was like 56 days

i just spent a week in the back country in your former neck of the woods and i'm insanely impressed by both scott and the through-hiker record. even doing a week of backcountry was hard work

Back