Movie - Ender's Game

I enjoyed the movie having read the book, but I think it would be really difficult to enjoy otherwise. Movie moves way too fast. It includes all the most important "scenes" from the book, nothing is left out, the stuff that is in the movie is quite faithfully translated from the book.

Unfortunately it moves far too quickly. It could have stood to be another hour long, then it might have been a more moving story. Its not supposed to be about a kids triumphant ascent to military leader, its supposed to be about a kid's forced descent into depression and madness.

The movie needed more peter (he was literally on screen for about 60 seconds total).

Along the lines of what I thought, sort of a "highlight" reel compared to the book.

what the shit this movie is also a book
I guess the author is trying to get in on that hunger games/twilight series money like that j.r.r. rowling bitch

what the shit this movie is also a book
I guess the author is trying to get in on that hunger games/twilight series money like that j.r.r. rowling bitch

actually iirc he refused to let it go to movie because at the time when he wrote it, most child actors were pretty shitty.

Along the lines of what I thought, sort of a "highlight" reel compared to the book.

I never read the book, but even I thought it was too fast and could have been a little longer. They didn't explore many of his classmates, and all his emotional breakdowns went from 1-60 way too fast. Maybe a mini-series would have been better for it.

Rumors on the internet speculate that it's more likely the rest of the books will probably be on TV and not on the big screen.

I don't have an issue with this as Ender is much older in the rest of the series and child actors would not be needed as much.

they would be needed for speaker, and then in xeno and children they are all grown up.

good luck trying to explain jane without some heavy narration. which im fine with btw

Movie was good if you had read the books but really went through "command school" too fast, and didn't do a good enough job connecting Ender to the buggers.

FWIW my fiancee thought it was good and she hasn't read the book, so that kinda surprised me. I think Harrison Ford did a good job as Graff and Asa did pretty well with what they gave him as Ender.

B- but I had pretty tempered expectations going in.

Back