How Much Does It Cost To Make A Big Video Game?

spockhammer

AlwaysCrying
Veteran XX
How Much Does It Cost To Make A Big Video Game?

Publishers and developers almost never release information on budgets of their games, and publicly traded companies just combine all of their production costs in investor reports, giving little insight into individual game costs. Most commonly, the numbers we see circulated are often guesses from writers or analysts. So budget numbers could vary wildly: one place might say $60 million, another might say $15 million.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - $200 million - In 2009 article on the game's launch, Ben Fritz, then a reporter at the Los Angeles Times, reported that the game had a production budget between $40 million and $50 million, and a total launch cost — including global distribution and marketing — of $200 million.Jan 15, 2014

so basically if you have access to a couple hundred million in the bank its easy to make your own underground theme park online?

if i was autistic i wuld shoot a fukin precision long bow arrow every day a long distance to bullseye with my eyes closed to increase my hand eye coordination

and throw rocks at targets

so the game costs 50 million but because it's a piece of shit they spend another 150 million to make sure cucks buy it

nice
gg ad execs

so the game costs 50 million but because it's a piece of shit they spend another 150 million to make sure cucks buy it

nice
gg ad execs

Same model as Hollywood. You don't see increased sales after week 1 because the next big title comes out the following week.

Back