Amy Schumer to Headline Sonys Live-Action Barbie Movie

17457469_1517875174924039_2688404003871626446_n.png

nice

idgaf about any of what you said but is boners and football really a great example of a gender neutral male comic

I wasn't referring to the gender side of the comedy equation in the aforementioned examples, only that being crass or vulgar in a comedy set requires a certain kind of finesse and skill that Amy Schumer clearly doesn't have.

Without a framework of setups, or at least the interjection of personal or otherwise relatable experience, it doesn't really matter what your conclusion or punchline of the joke is because you've roped the audience into your experience, even when it takes a turn for the worst.

If the joke is, "My vagina smells like a barnyard animal", and that's both the setup and payoff, then you didn't really tell a joke. You degraded yourself, you cheapened yourself, and you said something with nothing more than shock value in a culture that's been pretty much indifferent to this kind of thing.

The other thing that hasn't been mentioned in this thread that I think is worth pointing out - Amy Schumer is a poor comedian. She's so poor of a comedian that she steals other comedians jokes.

There's really no such thing as a copyright on a joke, and for good reason. But what makes each comedian funny in their own way, is their take on different aspects of life, usually in the form of some kind of story telling, we're taken on a sort of verbal adventure and along the way we get bits of insight into the inner workings of someone else's fucked up mind, and the relatable bits or the jarring stark comparisons between what is or is not socially acceptable or expected are the the bits we find funny.

That process of telling a story puts a stamp, if you will, of the joke. Premises can be shared, but that individual take on the joke is what makes it unique between one comedian and another.

So when I say that Amy Schumer steals jokes, I'm not talking about taking the premise of a joke and creating her own material from it, I mean she steals, almost word for word, other people's jokes.

She's stolen bits from everying included Dave Chapelle, Dave Attell, Ellen (which is ironic because she pulls an entire setpiece from one of Ellen's specials and performs it ON Ellen's show). She pulled a joke from I think it was Funny or Die or Collegehumor, one of those two. Plus many, many more that I don't have time to look up. She's been called out multiple times for this, which is probably why her most recent special is such shit.

tldr;
She's the female Carlos Mencia, a token woman in the business with no ability to tell her own jokes, without stealing other people's bits she has none of her own material and isn't funny.

Also, we have her to thank for this gem:

She should go on South Park and tell that fish Dix joke, cuz she ain't got no dick man.

I think the truly sad thing about Schumer is she could be attractive if she wasn't such a fat piece of shit. We're basically telling women today its cool to be fat and disgusting. Then they all wonder why they can't get a date.

I think the truly sad thing about Schumer is she could be attractive if she wasn't such a fat piece of shit. We're basically telling women today its cool to be fat and disgusting. Then they all wonder why they can't get a date.

i watched the same thing happen to men when they let that fat disgusting fuck chris farley on tv back in the '90s. sure enough in no time we were letting piece of shit fatties like kevin james and seth rogen have their own shows and movies and make kids think it's acceptable to look like an nfl lineman. then they come on the internet and bitch about how women won't sleep with them like it's any wonder.

yeah i bet you are really good looking too

fucking guy makes a thread about transgender constantly, does your micropenis have a name yet ?
poop truck

I'm in great shape and considered to be decent looking. I'm not making a Ken movie though.

Don't worry Dutch, your fat ass can go in any restroom you "prefer". I'd imagine you probably have to use the handicap stall though because you're the size of that

poop truck

I think the truly sad thing about (((Schumer))) is she could be attractive if she wasn't such a fat piece of shit. We're basically telling women today its cool to be fat and disgusting. Then they all wonder why they can't get a date.

Unlikely. She was a lot skinnier when she started out a few years ago and still had stupid cabbage patch face. Plus, she's a dirty jew.

shes always been a higbeast at heart; she was either just too poor or too desperate to make it before to eat.

now shes the patron saint of pigs so has no concern for how shitty she looks

Back