The Power of NEWSGROUPS

Sircle

The Man Show
Veteran XX
seems like alotta fellow tribers havent every played around with these.

the newsgroups contain everything. let me say that again. the newsgroups contain everything.

with that being said, this thread will be about the newsgroups - how to set up a newsreader, how to use it, what to look for, where to look, etc.

g54.jpg
g54.jpg
g49.jpg
g54.jpg
g54.jpg

the party starts soon here in the Newsgroup Shrine

What's incredible is the volume of sex related newsgroups (including fetishes I didn't even know existed). I first learned about newsgroups when I was in the public preview of Windows XP RC1.

I haven't visited them in a while though. In general every major ISP has its own Newsgroup and the log-in is your user name and password and the server is usually news.yourisp.com

It's very easy to add a newsgroup. In Outlook express:
Tools --> Accounts
Click the add button, then news. Follow from there.

Tada!
Under the main options screen you can set how many messages to download at a time.

most people dont care about newzgroups cause their isp blowz.. its not fun getting one mp3 from an album, or 3 parts to a 50 part game

thank god roadrunner rockz at newzgroups

[meph]DooM! said:
most people dont care about newzgroups cause their isp blowz...or 3 parts to a 50 part game

you can get the missing parts

please, all answers in time

im sleep now

really? I have RoadRunner. I don't have a username/pass though. I have Outlook Express 2002. HELP I wanna get things. Also, is the downloads FAST? or wtf?

Yes...please give more info on where I can acquire info on l33t newsgroups...Ive heard about them for sometime now, but have never actually been privvy to experiencing one. I have Road Runner and a U/P.

actually

i don't know what my isp's newsgroup server is anymore

pacbell doesn't have it listed on their webpage..

Actually it's not like a filesharing thing, you aren't getting it from the people, you're getting it from the news server, or so I think.

Sometimes it's funny just to go through the list. There are many thousands of newsgrups on each server (many may be empty since the server will create groups upon request without asking questions).

I'm a novice at it, but if you find a bustling one there's a lot to be had. I mean, this was the original big thing on the net.

Back