TeamWarfare East vs West Tournament

BU]^[NY

Veteran X
T:1 TeamWarfare East vs West Tournament

T:1 TeamWarfare East vs West Tournament

The Scoop:

Hazard tried this a year or so ago without any support, so he's kind of skeptical about this whole thing. He wants to see at least 8 teams (40 players) minimum before we get the go-ahead.

The Plan:

I think this tourney is going to be LT unless everyone objects. The majority of the players play LT and would be hard to get enough teams for Base. However, if this all goes well, I plan on having one for 10v10 Base. Everything will be determined by how many people sign-up.

The GOAL is to have at least enough players for 8 teams West and 8 teams East. A pre-determined region will be pointed out for all states. There is no real sign-up as of yet, until we can prove that this tournament is even worth having, by everyone showing their support.

Captain Selection:

Captains will be randomly selected from the top ranked teams currently on the LT 5v5 Ladder. This will not only spread the talent, but should also minimize the amount of people losing interest due to being placed on a less then desirable team.

The Details:

Each Team will have between 5-7 players; no one will sit out for more then 1 map per match. The rosters will be divided between East and West, and a random selection order will be given. The captains will then pick their players from their corresponding region. (Ex: Fantasy Draft by region). The matches will be bracketed, and each region will play against a team from its own region until only 1 East and 1 West team is left. (Eastern matches played on an Eastern server and Western matches played on a Western server etc.) The final match will be played on a Central server for all fairness.

Eligibility:

Only players that have an account on TeamWarfare will be eligible to play. No players banned from competition play will be able to participate. Sorry.

We need 40 players at a minimum! Idle in #twlpu to show your support! Please post your region and your willingness to participate HERE

Channel Ops and Hired Help:

Bosketaru and Carnova came to me from the start, offering to lend a hand in getting this tournament off the ground, so I gave them a job. They are strictly channel moderators, tournament promoters, and guidance for rules of the tournament. NO favoritism was used in the selection of the Channel Ops. I am looking for possibly 1 more well respected Community Triber to help with the tournament.

To keep up to date, See the following thread on TeamWarfare

Last edited:
Unless I can't read, I would like to know if there's a chance to play on a team even if not active on TWL right now. I retired several months ago but would like to get in the tourny?

You are required to have a TeamWarfare account. Sorry you can only enter once. You don't have to be on a ladder to participate.

I am Sooooo Down for this. Maybe once and for all we can finally settle the fact the West Owns the east :) Too bad there will only be 1 east Vs. west match though. Does any-1 know if they are going to shout cast the final match ? I for one would like to see it done.

We need atleast 40 players to even consider setting up the tournament. I would like to see atleast 80 once the sign-ups start. I have already sent an email off to IBN to see about shoutcasting some of the matches. If they agree, the final match will definately be shoutcasted. It will be shoutcasted even if I have to do it myself. lol

how long will the tourney be? 1 weekend? over the span of a week?

i would play, but dedicating tons of time is not an option for me.

Back