How often do you clean?

JuggerNaught

Contributor
Veteran XX
I mean like really clean. Scrubbing floors, dusting everything in sight, maybe even getting the floors cleaned ? We have friends showing up in a couple days so its cleanathon 21 in here right now.

Usually its like every couple weeks there will be a big clean. We pretty much clean as we go and usually its only the floors

Oh...and you only need to know one word in cleaning.

Fabuloso.

I'm pretty sure that shit will cure cancer

living alone I pretty much have to clean something every day. just one thing here then one thing there ... big jobs like wash floor and vacuum prob every 3 weeks. toilets, whenever I leave too much skid marks

Kitchen pretty much daily. Otherwise it attracts bugs.
Floors and bathrooms weekly.
Ceiling fans once a quarter.
Baseboards maybe twice a year. Windows too.
Garage... As needed?

I might be forgetting something. :shrug:

desk when kb starts sticking to it
sweep wen i see dust bunnies rolling
mop about every few years
myself when head starts itching
kb when pubes start poking out
toilets wen i cant see the bottom

If you're going to clean at that level, you can
1. Pull the fridge out, take the back off, and blast the coils with compressed air.
2. Pull the stove out, and clean everything under it.
This will make dust go everywhere. Once it settles, then you can clean the counter top and floor.
3. Take the grates out of the oven and clean the inside with oven cleaner.
4. If you have a microwave, clean the inside walls and glass rotating tray.
5. If it's a glass stove top, use Weiman's cleaner (sold at Publix).
6. Put down 2 roach traps on each side of the stove.
7. Have Terro under the sink in case you get dot ants.

Last edited:
lucky no roaches or black widows where i live.
just cleaned under stove yesterday because I dropped something and while i was down there

I don't think i could have a cleaning person in my house all day every day. Do they stay there like if you go out or something?

What do you mean by "stay there"? They live in our house. In their own area of course but they come and go as they please. Indra does a bit of part time work for neighbours but most of the time they are at our house. Mostly pretty unobtrusive and I can understand why someone that's never lived this way would find it weird but you get used to it. Not having to ever do menial chores like ironing is rather pleasant.

lord-farquaad-4c9741d4-d43e-44ae-848f-654bed1ef0f-resize-750.jpeg

Do you let indra access the internet and read?

Yes of course. Their room has WIFI and a big TV with all the Sri Lankan channels piped in. Seems like they mostly watch cricket and weird Sri Lankan drama stuff when they're not busy scraping my caked on red wine shits off the back of the bowl.

Back