What's your favorite movie of the past 10 years? by The Magical Zoo - Page 5 - TribalWar Forums
Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page What's your favorite movie of the past 10 years?
Page 5 of 6
bowl of blood
Veteran++
Contributor
Old
81 - 03-13-2018, 22:48
Quote:
Originally Posted by Groove View Post
there's a lot of visually awesome movies that are horrible in most other ways

Sucker Punch, Tron Legacy, The Cell, Snow White and the Huntsman, Prometheus, Valerian, Matrix 2/3, Sin City 2 and 300 2 all come to mind

and personally i'd rather re-watch p much all of those over Avatar again

OK maybe not The Cell
how dare you call anything about tron legacy horrible

Sponsored Links
Goshin
GriftKingXX
Old
82 - 03-13-2018, 23:23
jeff's young face was pretty terribad

groove
VeteranXX
Old
83 - 03-14-2018, 00:14
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowl of blood View Post
how dare you call anything about tron legacy horrible
personally, i love Tron Legacy. one of my favorite visual movies ever.

but the story was a bit bleh and it has some plot holes you could drive a truck through

Flynns son (does anyone even know this guys name?) was pretty meh too, passable but not great

and ya Jeff Bridges creepy young cg face

i still really enjoy it but its not considered a 'good movie' afaik

also i think im kinda biased cuz i loved Tron as a kid and had waited forever for a sequel. and Olivia Wilde in a skin tight bodysuit didn't hurt either

FOURSTAR
VeteranXX
Old
84 - 03-14-2018, 00:24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pagy View Post
i liked jumanji a helluva lot more than ****ing last jedi
im not saying jumanji was an amazing movie, but it was a lot better than i expected thats for sure

groove
VeteranXX
Old
85 - 03-14-2018, 00:33
p.s. i still even have my Encom 'employee ID' that they sent out to fans who solved some online riddle or some **** during the viral marketing buildup to Tron Legacy

u uploaded ur pic and they sent u an employee ID and some stickers and flyers or something

(not me but that would be lolzy if it was)

AnubiS
VeteranXV
Old
86 - 03-14-2018, 01:06
Lord of the Rings, tbh

Anything else compared to it is absolute ****. Nevertheless, there were some other awesome movies (Sci Fi)..
Movies these days are retarded. They feel forced, lacking originality and etc.. which is sad,actually. It's getting worse too, specially now that those kick ass actors are all getting fired for speaking to women ;(

Last edited by AnubiS; 03-14-2018 at 01:12..
The Pumpkin King
VeteranXX
Old
87 - 03-14-2018, 08:09
Quote:
Originally Posted by CjBurden View Post
Just ****ing kill me if I ever get this bitter about anything in life. Jesus.

Complaining about a lack of puppets being the reason that movies haven't been good in 10 years.

Anyways there are definitely a lot of good movies on these lists for sure. Hard to pick one so I'll go year by year.

2008: The Dark Knight.
2009: Up, or Avatar
2010: Inception
2011: Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy
2012: Dark Knight Rises although I haven't seen the master, which I hear is the best movie of that year.
2013: What a ****ty year for movies, gun to my head I'd choose Fruitvale Station
2014: Whiplash
2015: The Martian
2016: Deadpool or Arrival
2017: Of what I've actually seen, Get out.
If we drop below 2008, I can **** out a list of 20 movies off the top of my head that take huge massive dumps on anything you just listed. It's not even close.

Your movie list is not even remotely strong. It's not your fault, it's just that movies have gone way downhill.

It's not like I was sitting around contemplating the fact that movies started sucking after 2008. It literally dawned on me 3 or 4 days ago with the creation of this thread. I reached into my mind and realized I couldn't come up with even a single movie that blew my mind in the past decade.

And yeah, there's always one ******* being like "wah wah wah, you're a bitter *****" because you are willing to face the facts of reality.

Do I need to rant about all the awesome things that happened post 2008 (movies improving not being one of them) to cheer you up and release you from your judgemental prison?

"Television," for example, has massively improved. Series like The Walking Dead, and such have been really amazing (up through season 6). There have been many amazing "television" series on netflix and such.

My "****ty puppet movies" trump anything on your list by far. And I'm not even busting out the big guns.

Pagy
VeteranXX
Old
88 - 03-14-2018, 08:34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Groove View Post
personally, i love Tron Legacy. one of my favorite visual movies ever.

but the story was a bit bleh and it has some plot holes you could drive a truck through

Flynns son (does anyone even know this guys name?) was pretty meh too, passable but not great

and ya Jeff Bridges creepy young cg face

i still really enjoy it but its not considered a 'good movie' afaik

also i think im kinda biased cuz i loved Tron as a kid and had waited forever for a sequel. and Olivia Wilde in a skin tight bodysuit didn't hurt either

i liked tron legacy, which reminds me thats another movie i need to try on the oled

the daft punk score was really really good

Atreides
VeteranXV
Old
89 - 03-14-2018, 08:48
I tend to favor indy films - movies that don't rely on CGI effects/action sequences and a huge cast to sell their 'entertainment'. I typically go into these things with no expectations and if I like the movie then that sets a better impression than a $300 million dollar production.

3 Billboards was probably my favorite movie of last year. It's kind of a slice of life story for flawed/complicated characters in a town that never progressed out of the 60s.

I will say there are some big Hollywood productions that deserve credit. I think a movie like Fury Road was great. The setting/atmosphere of that movie was the main character - Mad Max serves as the audience's guide through the world. It reminded me a lot of Conan in that regard. I feel like Blade Runner 2049 was also quite good but began to muddle itself with the chosen one/leader of the resistance thing.

Falhawk
VeteranXX
Old
90 - 03-14-2018, 09:40
I thought three billboards sucked
also tron legacy sucked...he was eating green beans ffs

Goshin
GriftKingXX
Old
91 - 03-14-2018, 09:55
pirates xxx

Pagy
VeteranXX
Old
92 - 03-14-2018, 21:06
I'm starting Tron Legacy groove come over

Falhawk
VeteranXX
Old
93 - 03-15-2018, 09:00
argo was good

beep boop
VeteranX
Old
94 - 03-15-2018, 10:58
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goshin View Post
jeff's young face was pretty terribad
to be fair tho, they were breaking ground with that ****

beep boop
VeteranX
Old
95 - 03-15-2018, 10:59
three billboards ending was a letdown

The Magical Zoo
VeteranXV
Old
96 - 03-15-2018, 11:43
Quote:
Originally Posted by beep boop View Post
three billboards ending was a letdown
how can people think this

havax
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
97 - 03-15-2018, 12:18
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Magical Zoo View Post
how can people think this
Probably because people today need instant gratification and need to see the gore because they have no imagination

motoxbudd
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
98 - 03-18-2018, 06:43
you mean you never even had a slinky?

we had part of a slinky, but i straightened it.

1teaminlondon
VeteranX
Old
99 - 03-18-2018, 12:40
watching frances mcdormand yell and scream at anything/everything doesn't make a movie

all the characters besides woody harrelson and dinklage were shallow 2-d charicatures. as mentioned, frances had zero depth besides emo rage. her ex husband? his girlfriend? they were practically cartoon characters. sam rockwell wasn't quite as bad but he sure as **** wasn't interesting. an abused alcoholic with a tough life at home has an outburst at work yada yada yada who gives a ****. his wild goose chase they spent half the film on didn't accomplish or provide the audience with anything, and then they drive off on a cliffhanger. hey *******, have the balls to finish your film and have it say something

in bruges(what the director basically made his career on) was a dark comedy. its kind of hard to make a scene funny when 2/3 of the movie u have frances (great actress) hoopin and hollerin like she has a knife in her kidney. when the best character in the film (woody) dies from cancer tryin to do the right thing and help his family. WOO MAN THAT RANDOM BLACK JOKE ABOUT RACISM WAS HILARIOUS

Last edited by 1teaminlondon; 03-18-2018 at 12:58..
1teaminlondon
VeteranX
Old
100 - 03-18-2018, 12:50
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pumpkin King View Post

It's not like I was sitting around contemplating the fact that movies started sucking after 2008.

"Television," for example, has massively improved. Series like The Walking Dead, and such have been really amazing (up through season 6). There have been many amazing "television" series on netflix and such.

My "****ty puppet movies" trump anything on your list by far. And I'm not even busting out the big guns.
believe it or not it ain't that difficult to develop characters over a god damn 25-40 hour miniseries. throw **** at the screen and some of it will stick. television is incredibly over rated and all the netflix and amazon duds of the past year they spent god knows how much on are beginning to show it's inherent problems.

movies start and finish in 90 minutes, maybe 120. they have an arc, character development, theres a dramatic climax, hopefully the audience feels things, maybe the audience thinks about things. all this happens within 100 minutes. you walk into a dark seedy room, pay your money, and get a "happy" ending.

you know what the **** happens 1/2 the time in 60 minutes on a TV series? absolutely.****.all. blue balls city. the average "auteur" tv series is 8-10 episodes long per season. 90% of the time they're structured with a great opener, maybe a great follow up, then its table setting(aka blue balls), table setting, table setting, table setting, maybe some **** happens here, table setting, table setting, etc...finale (in the 2nd to last ep), followed by... one last round of dick teasing to make sure you tune in next year. it's a ****ing joke. plot development? LOL. character development? SEE WHAT HAPPENS NEXT WEEK. dramatic CLIMAX!? might wanna try your luck with a scratcher, that **** could be two ****in years from now.

Last edited by 1teaminlondon; 03-18-2018 at 13:02..
Page 5 of 6

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page What's your favorite movie of the past 10 years?

Social Website Bullshit