Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page i think i'm ready to leave nyc
Page 1 of 5
fraggle
VeteranXV
Old
1 - 12-01-2017, 20:49
where should i move to?

a 1600 square foot house in my neighborhood that needs a ton of work just sold for 2.1 million dollars. my wife is pregnant and while the federal government says we're upper class, a combined income just south of 200,000 is barely middle class in nyc.

any suggestions?

Sponsored Links
Ztir
VeteranXX
Old
2 - 12-01-2017, 20:54
calgary, ab, canada

its cold for a few months of the year but cost of living aint 2 bad, lots of work, an hour away from some of the best sight seeing and skiing in the world etc

fraggle
VeteranXV
Old
3 - 12-01-2017, 20:54
okay i'm american so lets rule out canada.

Ztir
VeteranXX
Old
4 - 12-01-2017, 20:55
alberta is like america jr

amRam
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
5 - 12-01-2017, 20:58
Buffalo

fraggle
VeteranXV
Old
6 - 12-01-2017, 21:01
Quote:
Originally Posted by amRam View Post
Buffalo
i briefly attended the university of buffalo and wasn't enamored with the area. plus the new tax plan screws over all of new york state, not just nyc.

Fool
Whiny BitchX
Contributor
Old
7 - 12-01-2017, 21:01
East coast, probably the carolinas, maybe atlanta.

amRam
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
8 - 12-01-2017, 21:02
Kalamazoo MI

amRam
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
9 - 12-01-2017, 21:03
But really I dunno. If I was American I'd be going south to warmer weather.

Or go to Colorado in the mountains or some place with natural beauty you know....

clu
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
10 - 12-01-2017, 21:04
you want city or suburban? coasts are expensive, Pac NW is kind of expensive and rainy. Northeast around DC (VA even NC I need to look at a map **** nice ocean) shold be urban enough and you can shoot rats with a BB gun in NYC with a short train ride if your bored.... weather pretty nice in SoCal but you might not like the vibe - weather and events more than make up for it.

if none of those, then a city in middle US. Dallas is kicking but hot af in the summer. Austin OK but hot too sometimes and good BBQ nearby. **** man where do you want to move to? Who has family members nearby?

hyung
VeteranXX
Old
11 - 12-01-2017, 21:05
can you find work anywhere?

fraggle
VeteranXV
Old
12 - 12-01-2017, 21:07
Quote:
Originally Posted by clu View Post
you want city or suburban? coasts are expensive, Pac NW is kind of expensive and rainy. Northeast around DC (VA even NC I need to look at a map **** nice ocean) shold be urban enough and you can shoot rats with a BB gun in NYC with a short train ride if your bored.... weather pretty nice in SoCal but you might not like the vibe - weather and events more than make up for it.

if none of those, then a city in middle US. Dallas is kicking but hot af in the summer. Austin OK but hot too sometimes and good BBQ nearby. **** man where do you want to move to? Who has family members nearby?
i'd like to live somewhere that has professional sports teams and will still be above water for the next 30 years. a city would be nice because my wife is a public librarian.

bacardi moved to pittsburgh he's trying to get me to move there, but man, that snow... plus pitt has no nba.

fraggle
VeteranXV
Old
13 - 12-01-2017, 21:08
Quote:
Originally Posted by hyung View Post
can you find work anywhere?
yeah pretty much any metropolitan area. i suppose i could work remotely from the sticks.

GreyGhost
VeteranXX
Old
14 - 12-01-2017, 21:08
Joysee gots lots o' tribe members if UR lookin' for that.

fraggle
VeteranXV
Old
15 - 12-01-2017, 21:09
you know my friend lives in jersey, he pays $12,000 a year in property tax. i don't want to spend that much.

GreyGhost
VeteranXX
Old
16 - 12-01-2017, 21:11
ewwww never mind

clu
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
17 - 12-01-2017, 21:12
Quote:
Originally Posted by fraggle View Post
i'd like to live somewhere that has professional sports teams and will still be above water for the next 30 years. a city would be nice because my wife is a public librarian.

bacardi moved to pittsburgh he's trying to get me to move there, but man, that snow... plus pitt has no nba.
Chicago can't be that much pricier than most major cities sure you deal with snow but you can get shot by a back seat passenger buying crack in the hood only 35% chance wat could go wrong.... nice summers cold winters maybe telecommute and let wife drive the SUV.

dallas got the boys and mavericks but i'm sure you know more htan me about both and therefore may have already considered such factors

edit- Austin kind of close to san Antonio spurs Houston rockets and Texans maybe a ball team or two but not exactly close you'd have to drive and hotel

jgrange
Veteran++
Old
18 - 12-01-2017, 21:12
PA doesn't get a lot of snow generally speaking. Not sure if Pitt gets more than I do (I'm more central) but, other than the random massive **** show snow storms over the past couple of years, temps are usually mild from end of October until mid-January/February. I don't know if a blizzard every 1.5-2 years thing is a regular thing in this area yet.

Hologram
VeteranXX
Old
19 - 12-01-2017, 21:23
NY and CA are the most cucked states....I'm leaving as soon as I can.

Elvis Hitler
VeteranXX
Old
20 - 12-01-2017, 21:25
New York's alright if you're a homosexual

Page 1 of 5

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page i think i'm ready to leave nyc

Social Website Bullshit