[got haggis] Star wars battlefront 2 micro transactions backfire by Mogs - Page 3 - TribalWar Forums
Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com


Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page [got haggis] Star wars battlefront 2 micro transactions backfire
Page 3 of 11
Thread Tools
HaPpY
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
41 - 11-19-2017, 02:39 PM
Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyElTigre View Post
I think it's so touchy because EA shut down visceral and are killing everyone star wars dreams
they should get angrier at disney for ****ing it all up... then again lucas already sorta ****ed it up a decade ago with eps1-3.

takes a lot to ruin childhood memories lol
 
HaPpY is offline
 
Sponsored Links
HaPpY
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
42 - 11-19-2017, 02:43 PM
Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangerdoggie View Post
If you live in the land down under you're already there.

Even if you don't give a **** about Star Bores anymore or never bought an EA game in your life you have to understand that this **** is spreading like a virus. Your Red Dead Redemption game is being designed from the ground up around microtransactions.
i wouldnt know directly... only thru these contraversies.

no games by ea/activision have ever been good and those who think otherwise never knew what good games are... or just lowered their standards while ignoring some amazing indie games, some valve and steam stuff, and a few others.
 
HaPpY is offline
 
Kerosene31
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
43 - 11-19-2017, 02:45 PM
Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pagy View Post
40$ is a far reach from the 2k required to unlock everything

this isn't a microtransaction system for cosmetic items, it's a pay to win systen
It isn't nearly as bad as places like Polygon and Gamestop would have you believe.

Many people are already running around with Luke and Vader. It is still a grind to unlock everything, but it isn't a huge competitive thing. It is still a casual couch shooter and the loot boxes don't really impact that nearly as much.

It is really a "pay to unlock everything" system. Everything's still tied to a leveling grind so you couldn't just whip out a credit card (they pulled that completely anyway).
 
Kerosene31 is offline
 
Odio
VeteranX
Old
44 - 11-19-2017, 02:53 PM
Reply With Quote
40 hour grind vs buying ****

they obviously bought it.
 
Odio is offline
 
Dangerdoggie
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
45 - 11-19-2017, 02:58 PM
Reply With Quote
They didn't pull it completely away, it's just turned it off TEMPORARILY.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7TmXpCJI8s

no it doesn't guarantee you'll win, it's pay to be OP.
 
Dangerdoggie is offline
 
Kerosene31
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
46 - 11-19-2017, 03:12 PM
Reply With Quote
EA is one of the ****tiest companies out there, I think it is a scientific fact based on their employees.

Still the heroes aren't OP. They are super watered down from the first game. Heroes die easily now and there's not much difference between the ones you start with and the ones you unlock.

The pay to win comes in with star cards and such which give you small bonuses.

This is what you get when the entitlement generation hits a crappy company.
 
Kerosene31 is offline
 
Zomnivore
Veteran
Old
47 - 11-19-2017, 03:18 PM
Reply With Quote
sure bud

40 hour grinds for things vrs paying for them is just whiner generation

get your geriatric ass back in the home and have a sponge bath you old piece of ****
 
Zomnivore is offline
 
Atreides
VeteranX
Old
48 - 11-19-2017, 03:31 PM
Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by hastie View Post
I think the crux of the issue is $60 AAA games. Development on those games can be so expensive, but everyone is so against raising the base price of games to $80 or $100. Games have been $60 for over a decade...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0qq6HcKj59Q
 
Atreides is offline
 
Kerosene31
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
49 - 11-19-2017, 03:41 PM
Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zomnivore View Post
sure bud

40 hour grinds for things vrs paying for them is just whiner generation

get your geriatric ass back in the home and have a sponge bath you old piece of ****
That number was actually not accurate, even before they changed the prices. Just some guy on reddit who ignored challenges. EA messed up by not being transparent and explaining why that was wrong.

EA sucks, but any gamer with a little self control would never need to buy these things.
 
Kerosene31 is offline
 
Odio
VeteranX
Old
50 - 11-19-2017, 03:56 PM
Reply With Quote
Yea, who needs to buy a card that lets your **** lock on 200% faster when you can just play for 300 hours.
 
Odio is offline
 
Amadeus
VeteranX
Contributor
Old
51 - 11-19-2017, 04:00 PM
Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by hastie View Post
I think the crux of the issue is $60 AAA games. Development on those games can be so expensive, but everyone is so against raising the base price of games to $80 or $100. Games have been $60 for over a decade...
I'm glad you brought this up, because it gives me an excuse to post more Jim ****ing Sterling, son.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pHSso2vufPM

(you're wrong btw)
 
Amadeus is offline
 
Odio
VeteranX
Old
52 - 11-19-2017, 04:01 PM
Reply With Quote
Not only has the cost of making video games not really changed over the past decade+, but they've also been selling you less game for your money.
 
Odio is offline
 
Osiris
VeteranXV
Old
53 - 11-19-2017, 04:01 PM
Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerosene31 View Post
That number was actually not accurate, even before they changed the prices. Just some guy on reddit who ignored challenges. EA messed up by not being transparent and explaining why that was wrong.

EA sucks, but any gamer with a little self control would never need to buy these things.
It still should not be an option to buy an advantage in a multiplayer game, period.
 
Osiris is offline
 
ArakAtak
VeteranX
Contributor
Old
54 - 11-19-2017, 05:43 PM
Reply With Quote
Yeah how about that Angry Birds 2 eh

P2Win is failsauce
 
ArakAtak is offline
 
Zanthious
VeteranX
Contributor
Old
55 - 11-19-2017, 06:03 PM
Reply With Quote
its cheaper now to make games then it was before. You dont even need hard copies.
 
Zanthious is offline
 
Pagy
VeteranXV
Old
56 - 11-19-2017, 07:26 PM
Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerosene31 View Post
EA is one of the ****tiest companies out there, I think it is a scientific fact based on their employees.

Still the heroes aren't OP. They are super watered down from the first game. Heroes die easily now and there's not much difference between the ones you start with and the ones you unlock.

The pay to win comes in with star cards and such which give you small bonuses.

This is what you get when the entitlement generation hits a crappy company.
its a horrible pay to win model that has garnered more negative attention than ever before...including the Disney ceo but you're right it's just whining kids
 
Pagy is offline
 
[MD5]Hash
VeteranX
Contributor
Old
57 - 11-19-2017, 09:37 PM
Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veniggs View Post
are those pop toys gambling? hearthstone? physical tcgs that have been around forever? yep
Yeah, but the ability to enjoy the content of a game, the ability to play that game, shouldn't be stonewalled behind a paywall, especially if you're charging $59 for a AAA title.

It's like paying for a hotel room, but then having to pay extra to use the shower, or extra to sleep in the bed, or extra to use the toilet.
 
[MD5]Hash is offline
 
Atreides
VeteranX
Old
58 - 11-19-2017, 11:50 PM
Reply With Quote
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MdB_ooSljJc

another good video from Tarmack regarding the ESRB's claim that loot crates are analogous to TCGs and thus, not gabling.
 
Atreides is offline
 
ArakAtak
VeteranX
Contributor
Old
59 - 11-20-2017, 01:01 AM
Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by [MD5]Hash View Post
Yeah, but the ability to enjoy the content of a game, the ability to play that game, shouldn't be stonewalled behind a paywall, especially if you're charging $59 for a AAA title.

It's like paying for a hotel room, but then having to pay extra to use the shower, or extra to sleep in the bed, or extra to use the toilet.
this - free games are fine to have ludicrous grinds if you don't buy gear but a AAA title at pretty much full price should be no more to pay except cosmetic items & some DLC
 
ArakAtak is offline
 
Last edited by ArakAtak; 11-21-2017 at 05:41 AM.
[MoM] Gort
VeteranXV
Old
60 - 11-20-2017, 11:42 AM
Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osiris View Post
I dont mind lootcrates/microtransactions as long as they are cosmetic and dont affect the game in other ways
 
[MoM] Gort is offline
 
Page 3 of 11
Reply


Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page [got haggis] Star wars battlefront 2 micro transactions backfire

Social Website Bullshit

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

AGENT: CCBot/2.0 (http://commoncrawl.org/faq/) / Y
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:17 AM.