i'm a functional alcoholic

'how alcohol affected your life?"

In the past few years I've become involved in a new social circle of fellow whiskey tasters (as opposed to drinkers). We try stuff out (at a wide range of price points, no elitists here), pass on recommendations, sometimes gather for tastings. It's nice with no drunk assholes around.

In the past few years I've become involved in a new social circle of fellow whiskey tasters (as opposed to drinkers). We try stuff out (at a wide range of price points, no elitists here), pass on recommendations, sometimes gather for tastings. It's nice with no drunk assholes around.

I actually envy you. I have tried to work that flavor of whiskey in but I am just too much of a pansy. I would like to like it though.

it is a fact that people do.

I actually don't care. I'm a walking contradiction that regard, though given my job which deals with a ton of conservatives I just cover them up.

You think people think they make you cool and edgy and a bit wild and that's why they have a problem. Really people would just look at you a bit sadly and think 'he must have such low self esteem, poor old guy'. Then they notice you have matching ones with your husband and they would shake their heads and walk away.

whats the fricken point? Why ever bother?

Seriously. You drink to get a buzz, not taste alcohol. You fucking drink that shit and then drink your friends when he can't anymore. Then, you get more and drink that too.

Duh!

Alcohol has been responsible for most of the worst things that have ever happened to me.

It has also been responsible for most of the best, so on balance it's probably been a good thing.

Then again I have forgotten a lot of the good stuff due to being shitfaced, still there is a hazy memory of something there at least.

I actually envy you. I have tried to work that flavor of whiskey in but I am just too much of a pansy. I would like to like it though.

my first scotch i bought was a laphroaig quarter cask. it was like $70 bucks and got me into it. i used to need an icecube or 2 to dilute it enough that it wasn't like tasting fire, but its kind of an aquired taste. once you get over the "holy shit this just tastes like burning" feeling and can try and pick out the nuances of each scotch, it gets a lot better

tl;dr just get a bottle and keep trying, eventually you will get there

soar-fzh-logo.jpg

I like it. I don't drink very much, maybe a few beers a month, but I'll have a glass of scotch if I sit down to write some music or something

whats the fricken point? Why ever bother?

Seriously. You drink to get a buzz, not taste alcohol. You fucking drink that shit and then drink your friends when he can't anymore. Then, you get more and drink that too.

Duh!

Don't even fuckin' start with me today, Lahey! I'm not in the mood.

For a long time I was trapped in the everyday drinking mode. Nowadays I just have one really great beer with dinner.

My favorite place on a Friday afternoon is an Irish pub downtown called O'Shea's. For $5 including tip you can pack a plateful of BBQ ribs, a salad and fries, to go with a 16 oz Black and Tan.

34t96o4.jpg

On a scale of one to fucking pointless, this is an 11. Drunk assholes are an absolute necessity, especially where there's the potential for any sort of drink snobbery.

I have at least one drink literally everyday.

Optimally I have 1-2. Once a week I'll have 3, once a month 4-5, a couple times a year 6+ (this is all situational).

Anything more than 4 gives me a brutal old-man-hangover. I can't really get drunk on anything less than 5, and don't want to. I only drink beverages I really enjoy (which is why I'm such a consistent drinker). "Enjoy" -- that is, the flavor, not as much the associated inebriated feeling.

I can't stand getting drunk, it's not fun and the hangovers the next day(s) are incredibly debilitating.

I don't think I have a problem, but it'd probably be healthier to not drink. I don't plan on changing my behavior.

On a scale of one to fucking pointless, this is an 11. Drunk assholes are an absolute necessity, especially where there's the potential for any sort of drink snobbery.

You're one of those limey bastards, yeah? Since limey drunk asshole is redundant you must have felt left out. Sorry I triggered you, mate. I'd tell you to lean on your fellow limey bastards for emotional support, but they ran you out of the country years ago and now you're stuck being an expat in the United Shit-truckirates. Pity.

amidointhisrite?

Back