Is this racist, logical, or both? by hastie - TribalWar Forums
Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page Is this racist, logical, or both?
Page 1 of 5
hastie
VeteranX
Old
1 - 10-23-2017, 21:46
Unless I have family/friends' recommendations, I prefer for myself and my family to see a medical professional who is Caucasian (and usually male, but less so for more recent graduates), for the following reasons.

I do not know if this is still termed "affirmative action" or not, but being a fairly recent graduate from a dental school, I know for a fact that the non-white students at our school had significantly lower admission scores and grades in school than their Caucasian counterparts, with a few exceptions. The females got into dental school with lower scores as well, but most dental schools (as well as medical schools) are admitting an even amount of (or more) females lately, so the gender discrimination should cease to be an issue.

The African American students actually banded together to cheat on tests. One of them was reported for cheating on two separate occasions by our classmates, and no actions were taken. So if I need a surgery, diagnosis, or treatment, and do not have any recommendations from people I know, I am fairly certain that a Caucasian, male doctor will have had high test scores to get into med school, and if he specialized, will have been chosen for that residency primarily based on merit and not skin color.

I do not think that an African American cannot be top of his/her class and a much better surgeon than all of his/her classmates, but if I don't have any references from people who would actually know his/her skill level, I think that the safe bet is always the white male.

So am I being a racist ******* by including race in my selection of someone who could potentially save (or not save) my or my family member's life?

Disclaimer: I have seen multiple doctors of various ethnicity without issues or doubts of their abilities due to them being highly recommended as the best in their fields by colleagues. Exceptions do exist, but if I am going in blind, I have to side with statistics.

Sponsored Links
Goshin
GriftKingXX
Old
2 - 10-23-2017, 21:49
buize says to go to indian doctors

covenant
VeteranXV
Old
3 - 10-23-2017, 21:56
Speaking as an RN ... You sir, have a solid and preferential plan laid out.

savage inuit
VeteranX
Old
4 - 10-23-2017, 22:00
An East Indian man immigrated to America. After a few weeks, the man became violently ill. The man went to doctor to doctor seeking remedies, but to no avail. Finally, the man found an Indian doctor and the doctor told him it was a simple thing to fix. The doctor told the man to go home and take out a pot from the kitchen and take a **** inside the pot. Then after, piss all over the ****. Finally, take a blanket and sit down in the floor with the pot of **** and piss and hotbox himself for an hour. The man does this and miraculously, he is cured. He returned to the doctor to thank him, and asked what was wrong with him in the first place. The doctor said "oh my son, you were just home suck"

BeLiaL
VeteranXX
Old
5 - 10-23-2017, 22:07
Not only are you being racist, but also you are fooling yourself. Minorities do not hold a monopoly on dishonesty and stupidity***8212;there are plenty of caucasians who lack intelligence and integrity. You really are incredibly naive to think that it might only be the Africans Americans banding together to cheat on tests.

Honestly, I don***8217;t trust any doctor unless I***8217;ve visited him long enough to deduce his ability. I knew a ton of people who ended up going on to med school (due to my degree), and they were almost all fools. Now, while they weren***8217;t all fools, they absolutely all cheated and had copies of every test for years.

It***8217;s eye-opening, and terrifying, to realize that many of the people we trust with our lives are so incompetent, but then it helps to explain all of the ignorant malpractice that occurs. This is why I encourage everyone to study biology and physiology, so that they may be better informed about their own bodies and, hopefully, become better able to identify crappy medical practitioners and poor medical advice.

cael
VeteranXX
Old
6 - 10-23-2017, 22:16
no wonder u have a drinking problem lol

Zomnivore
Veteran4
Old
7 - 10-23-2017, 22:22
I had an Asian or Vietnamese doctor during my in house care for schizophrenia and while I don't know if he was competent I do know that it was frustrating dealing with him because he clearly didn't have a strong foundation in the english language and subtle schizophrenia stuff is hard to describe when you don't know what to look for and for them to read into what I was saying to find out what was going on would've been nice.

I'd never suggest a non native speaking doctor over an english speaking doctor when you're just coming down with something or getting something checked just because subtle symptoms of an illness are going to be missed because you have such a hard time explaining it yourself to a doctor that if you don't do well enough in explaining it you're screwed.

Reggs
VeteranXX
Old
8 - 10-23-2017, 22:34
No, logically based on admissions, if you find an asian doctor they simply have to excel more just to get into med school.

Therefor, all things equal, an asian doctor would be most adept just based on admissions.

Fool
Whiny BitchX
Contributor
Old
9 - 10-23-2017, 22:40
It's racist and illogical. You should want an Asian doctor from a top medical school as they not only have to out Asian other Asians but they have to score much higher than everyone else just to get in to begin with.

JuggerNaught
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
10 - 10-23-2017, 22:44
I don't think its really racist. You're looking for the best care. Your experience has taught you that is more associated with a specific group and you seek them out. I do the same, generally it ends up being a white dr.

But when it comes right down to it, I need to meet the dr. in question. I know non-whites in various facets of medicine that have legit worked their ass off to get where they are and know their ****, just like i've met plenty of whites that had respectable credentials on the wall that were obviously bought with parent donations to the school or something. Down here if you get a white doc, you'll probably rarely see him because he's so busy with his workload he has RNs doing the grunt work and he shows up for 5 mins of your 45 min visit, checks their info and throws you a diagnosis and tells you to set up an appt in 3 months as he's walking out the door.

Brasstax
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
11 - 10-24-2017, 01:12
This is called risk analysis. However, when you apply risk analysis using skin color - you are called a racist.

absent
VeteranXX
Old
12 - 10-24-2017, 01:21
"Racism" is logical.

bowl of blood
Veteran++
Contributor
Old
13 - 10-24-2017, 03:20
lol my bro went to dental school and described the same racial clique situation, although he said the jews did the same thing but worse

op does seem like pointless stereotyping tho - there's no risk in visiting a doctor and seeing what you think of them. you're acting like there's some smokescreen that would make it possible for a ****ty black doctor to pass as good. but you(/your family) will be able to tell he is a bad doctor because he will be a bad doctor. you don't really need to guess based on demographic analysis.

maybe surgeons are a different story but you're a ****ing idiot if you trust a surgeon based solely on race

ArakAtak
VeteranXX
Old
14 - 10-24-2017, 04:36
Wouldn't let no uppity nigra be touchin me or my family.

Before you know it you're getting locked in a room with a hyena.

Nmag
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
15 - 10-24-2017, 05:41
Justified bias. Apply as you see fit. I don't think it's just race. I think culture also plays a part. I'm not that confident relying on Sri Lankans. Based on many experiences. Too often, they let me down when I need to deal with them. Happy to give every individual a go.. but they do turn out carefree and incompetent so often.

Compared to Indians they are kind of different, but racially, they look the same pretty much.

Sikhs, seem to be different. I find them fun to hang out with.

So I think culture plays a part too.

Last edited by Nmag; 10-24-2017 at 05:54..
-SS-
VeteranXV
Old
16 - 10-24-2017, 06:15
havent you heard?

only white people have a preference and that makes them racist rubbing their white privilege in peoples faces

when other ethnicities band together or have a preference, it's not racist at all, its cultural pride

Mr Jimmy Pop
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
17 - 10-24-2017, 06:27
Not sure it***8217;s racist, only thing I***8217;m sure of is that you prefer a white male***8217;s hand inside you.

StapleMammal1
Veteran++
Contributor
Old
18 - 10-24-2017, 06:58
White men split the atom. Poos are still dazzled by toilets. Nogs are not as smart as the average dog. Asians are insects devoid of empathy.

Go with the white Dr. all the time every time.

midst1
Veteran4
Old
19 - 10-24-2017, 07:13

Last edited by midst1; 10-24-2017 at 09:59..
midst1
Veteran4
Old
20 - 10-24-2017, 07:14

Last edited by midst1; 10-24-2017 at 09:59..
Page 1 of 5

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page Is this racist, logical, or both?

Social Website Bullshit