Reload this Page Boy Scouts to Admit Girls
Page 1 of 4
Stealth
VeteranXV
Old
1 - 10-11-2017, 19:51
Boy Scouts Will Admit Girls, Allow Them to Earn Eagle Scout Rank - NBC News

Quote:
The Boy Scouts of America announced on Wednesday that girls will soon be allowed to become Cub Scouts and to earn the coveted rank of Eagle Scout, the organization’s highest honor.

"We believe it is critical to evolve how our programs meet the needs of families interested in positive and lifelong experiences for their children," said Michael Surbaugh, chief executive of the Boy Scouts.

The scouting board of directors voted unanimously to make the historic change in an organization that has been primarily for boys since its founding more than 100 years ago.

Starting next year, young girls can join Cub Scout units, known as dens. Local scouting organizations can choose to have dens for girls and dens for boys. "Cub Scout dens will be single-gender — all boys or all girls," the organization said in a statement.

A separate program for older girls will be available in 2019, the Boy Scouts said, enabling them to earn the rank of Eagle Scout.

The Boy Scouts said the moves reflect the changing nature of American life, adding to the appeal of a scouting program that can serve the entire family.

BSA said it commissioned two nationwide surveys that showed parents not involved in scouting had high interest in getting their daughters signed up for both Cub Scouts and Boy Scouts. Girls are now part of four scouting programs — Venturing and Sea Scouting, geared toward outdoor activities; Exploring, a career-oriented mentoring program; and STEM, focusing on science and math. But those programs have not offered a path to Eagle Scout for girls.

Earlier this year, the National Organization for Women urged the Boy Scouts to admit girls to the entire program, supporting the efforts of a New York teenager, Sydney Ireland, to attain the rank of Eagle Scout, as her older brother did.

"I just want to do what the Boy Scouts do — earn the merit badges and earn the Eagle Award," she told NBC News. "The Girl Scouts is a great organization, but it's just not the program that I want to be part of. I think girls should just have the opportunity to be a member of any organization they want regardless of gender."

In the past, the Girl Scouts have been cool to the idea of admitting girls into the Boy Scouts, citing research that showed many girls learn best in an all-female environment.

"We are unparalleled in our ability to build great female leaders who contribute to society at every level," said Andrea Bastiani Archibald, a psychologist who helps guide the Girl Scouts.
Very progressive. Girls have proven to be excellent leaders and they don't have a scout group of their own, so I can understand why they made this move.

Sponsored Links
Odio
VeteranXV
Old
2 - 10-11-2017, 19:52

They already let fags in, why not girls too?

Senty
VeteranXX
Old
3 - 10-11-2017, 19:54
Girls scouts are mad about this

coombz
VeteranXX
Old
4 - 10-11-2017, 19:55
gosh before you know it they'll start letting negros join!

havax
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
5 - 10-11-2017, 19:56
have they started the Gender Non-Conforming Scouts of America yet?

cael
VeteranXX
Old
6 - 10-11-2017, 20:07
is this the whine of the week? i thought we were still doing nfl

amRam
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
7 - 10-11-2017, 20:21
What's a girl anyway?

Senty
VeteranXX
Old
8 - 10-11-2017, 20:25
Boy Scouts 'Exploring' Co-Ed Programming Provokes Girl Scout Ire : The Two-Way : NPR

The head of the Girl Scouts is accusing the Boy Scouts of America of a "covert campaign to recruit girls," as a way to boost flagging membership, according to a scathing letter published by BuzzFeed News.

SuperTrap
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
9 - 10-11-2017, 20:40
You can't really call it boy scouts anymore

SuperTrap
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
10 - 10-11-2017, 20:41
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senty View Post
Boy Scouts 'Exploring' Co-Ed Programming Provokes Girl Scout Ire : The Two-Way : NPR

The head of the Girl Scouts is accusing the Boy Scouts of America of a "covert campaign to recruit girls," as a way to boost flagging membership, according to a scathing letter published by BuzzFeed News.
but you know we are close to civil war when the girl scouts go after the boy scouts.

lock and load

[MD5]Hash
VeteranXV
Old
11 - 10-11-2017, 21:19
I thought that's what the Girl Scouts were for?

I'm not sure I understand the point of this.

hastie
VeteranX
Old
12 - 10-11-2017, 22:12
So much pre teen sex bout to be going on on campouts.

T-Dawg
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
13 - 10-11-2017, 22:13
Pretty soon there will be elbow touching. I just KNOW it.

BeLiaL
VeteranXX
Old
14 - 10-11-2017, 22:16
This isn't all that bad of an idea. Although, I feel like they should change the name to Scouts of America. Eagle Scout is a much bigger deal that whatever stupid thing Girls Scouts offers, and Boy Scouts seems like an overall better organization.

At least they aren't putting them all together.

Lord Elessar
or something³
Contributor
Old
15 - 10-12-2017, 07:32
Rather be a Pawnee Goddess. They have the best candy.

consultant
VeteranXX
Old
16 - 10-12-2017, 07:35
So what is going to happen when they catch a group of boys pulling a train on the "girl" Boy Scout at the next camp out?

KingSobieski
VeteranXX
Old
17 - 10-12-2017, 08:30
Boy Scouts taking a bite out of the Girl Scout cookie. Funny how Eagle Scout is more prestigious. Listen up ladies, you had your chance at your own club but you couldn't match the boys so now you want in.

Girl spins it like girls can do anything they want, well, you know except organize a nationwide club effectively run entirely by women and at the end have to cry to get into the Boy Scouts lololol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ArakAtak
VeteranXX
Old
18 - 10-12-2017, 08:31
my niece has been in the scouts for over 10 years, she reached Queens Scout (the au/English equivalent of the Eagle or Venturing Scout Summit award)

I thought it was a bit weird as they always had the Girl Guides for chicks.
Turns out the Guides don't do as much outdoor adventure stuff as the Scouts. She loves hiking and climbing so it was the best thing.

She did well, there were about 10% girls in the troop.

it's a good thing.

Last edited by ArakAtak; 10-12-2017 at 08:35..
Kerosene31
VeteranXV
Old
19 - 10-12-2017, 08:36
All I know is Boy Scouts sell that nasty ass popcorn while the girls sell cookies.

No kid, I don't want to pay you $25 for awful popcorn I'm never going to eat.

Dr Dance
VeteranX
Old
20 - 10-12-2017, 09:06

Page 1 of 4

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page Boy Scouts to Admit Girls

Social Website Bullshit