Is the NFL/NBA taking a hit on viewership? by JuggerNaught - Page 9 - TribalWar Forums
Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page Is the NFL/NBA taking a hit on viewership?
Page 9 of 70
coombz
VeteranXV
Old
161 - 09-26-2017, 02:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperTrap View Post
fine answer then

it's nothing to do with a comparison between the pledge and a prayer, i was never saying they are the same thing. But indoctrination is indoctrination, whether it is a prayer, a pledge to a flag, or an interpretative dance to the glory of Cthulu

that's the simple point i was trying to make

your post said something like "you ****s don't even know what that means", referring to speaking the pledge every day

i responded that i do know what it means - indoctrination

you (and a large % of the more simple minded citizens of the US) have been indoctrinated to froth at the mouth and **** your pants whenever someone disrespects the flag, with no regard for whatever context there might be around that situation

Sponsored Links
coombz
VeteranXV
Old
162 - 09-26-2017, 02:21 AM
illmatic "i should be earning a medal for this ****"

SuperTrap
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
163 - 09-26-2017, 02:27 AM
I just don't bite on them both being indoctrination. I get the you freaks want to get rid of everything that identifies us as Americans and our support of our beliefs.

How we came to be a nation. Who we fought and why, right or wrong.. all of that defines us. It makes us strong. We pass that on to the children through a pledge. We do that to protect what people have died for.

To compare that to 'the process of teaching a person or group to accept a set of beliefs uncritically.' as we do with the the belief in God and the lord's prayer... well to me, it is just a ludicrous comparison.

coombz
VeteranXV
Old
164 - 09-26-2017, 02:30 AM
Quote:
I just don't bite on them both being indoctrination.
i'll give you one thing man, you never fail to surprise me ;>

im gonna eat my dinner and watch rick and morty now

havax
VeteranX
Contributor
Old
165 - 09-26-2017, 02:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coombz View Post
swing and a miss

this is a bit like when i'm helping my 5 year old with his after school reading and he gets stuck on a word and i have to keep coaxing him towards the correct answer

except in this case right here my son has downs and is doomed to be a retard forever
lol you're one arrogant son of a *****, coombz

Quote:
you (and a large % of the more simple minded citizens of the US) have been indoctrinated to froth at the mouth and **** your pants whenever someone disrespects the flag, with no regard for whatever context there might be around that situation

or...

some of us have grown up with supportive families that have a father that served our military and lost his leg in the process, along with many friends that died at his side at 19, but still to this day swears allegiance to this flag and vows to protect her, and I respect that like a mother****er, so I find that anyone disrespecting what the flag means is a piece of ****.

Last edited by havax; 09-26-2017 at 02:45 AM.
SuperTrap
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
166 - 09-26-2017, 02:45 AM
Well ****, Mike just owned everyone..

Quote:
"Returning the Favor" host Mike Rowe acknowledged that he too was "disappointed" in Trump's statement, but didn't side with the protesters either, saying everyone is just "eager for our attention."

"In my view, the real controversy here isnít about patriotism, social justice, racial inequality, or free speech. Itís not even about the flag or the national anthem. Itís really only about one thing Ė what we will tolerate, and what we won't," Rowe wrote on Facebook.

Rowe said it was up to NFL viewers to decide what they would and would not tolerate from their favorite players, and that if viewers decided in great numbers that they would no longer support the league, "the matter would be resolved by Monday."

SuperTrap
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
167 - 09-26-2017, 02:52 AM
I mean after all what does this accomplish? What is going to change?

Nothing. The numbers are going to stay the same. The criminals of society are going to continue to be killed by cops. The poor will be poor and the rich will stay rich.

Doesn't matter if they stand/sit/kneel/jerk off at this point.

Last edited by SuperTrap; 09-26-2017 at 02:54 AM.
Dangerdoggie
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
168 - 09-26-2017, 02:59 AM

ArakAtak
VeteranX
Contributor
Old
169 - 09-26-2017, 05:23 AM
Quote:
OIC.. now you are going for the brainwashing of biblical teachings vs a patriotic pledge of allegiance.. that the angle coombz?

Sorry, I gave you more credit than you deserved. I though you went with the more logical argument. Now you are saying you meant to go down that path?

Sorry again... not even a close comparision
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHWBxazG6pA

Quote:
wow

indoctrination
[in-dok-truh-ney-shuh n]

Examples
Word Origin

See more synonyms on Thesaurus.com
noun
the act of indoctrinating, or teaching or inculcating a doctrine, principle, or ideology, especially one with a specific point of view

coombz
VeteranXV
Old
170 - 09-26-2017, 05:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by havax View Post
lol you're one arrogant son of a *****, coombz
In real life I have to bite my tongue and speak politely to stupid people. I'm ****ed if I'm going to do it on TribalWar as well

Edofnor
VeteranXV
Old
171 - 09-26-2017, 05:58 AM
ya, we all kno that u rly bite

Rayn
Tribalwar Admin
Contributor
Old
172 - 09-26-2017, 07:53 AM
logic?

1) FREE SPEECH FREE SPEECH THEY CAN PROTEST AT THEIR JOBS
2) THAT GUY WENT TO A WHITE SUPREMACIST RALLY FIRE HIM FROM HIS JOB

Mr Jimmy Pop
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
173 - 09-26-2017, 07:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Tele View Post
I get the feeling you are still trying to defend all the wrong people here
I'm only trying to defend the Constitution. Apparently I'm wrong about the constitutionality of Trumps rights to coerce employers to fire people protesting the government. He certainly is violating the intent of the constitution's 1st Ammendment of not being persecuted by the government when speaking against the government in my opinion and I think a case can be made that he has actually abused his power.

Do you agree that Trump is taking a stand against people protesting the government? You know that is what the kneeling is from the perspective of those kneeling is right?

Validuz
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
174 - 09-26-2017, 07:56 AM
The left is very consistent in their inconsistency, Rayn.

[MD5]Hash
VeteranX
Contributor
Old
175 - 09-26-2017, 08:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Jimmy Pop View Post
I'm only trying to defend the Constitution. Apparently I'm wrong about the constitutionality of Trumps rights to coerce employers to fire people protesting the government. He certainly is violating the intent of the constitution's 1st Ammendment of not being persecuted by the government when speaking against the government in my opinion and I think a case can be made that he has actually abused his power.

Do you agree that Trump is taking a stand against people protesting the government? You know that is what the kneeling is from the perspective of those kneeling is right?
I don't like the comparison between this and the case of the whole wedding cake thing.

There's a difference, a big one at that.

It's one thing for the government to legislate the rights and permissible actions of an individual through legal force. That is, if the government steps into a ****ing cake store and forces someone to perform an act against their will, that's one thing.

For a member of the government to talk about his beliefs about something, and weigh in on a social issue that causes in-action, as in a group of people decide not to participate in another group's actions, that's not the same thing.

They say you get to vote with your dollar, people are voting with their dollars, by not spending them on NFL gear/merchandise/advertising. It's okay not to patronize a an organization/company if you feel their values are not something you want to support, but no one's strong-arming the players through legal action for being douchbags on the field.

NFL players are overpaid athletes, some of the most privileged beneficiaries of being in the United States. They got a free ride and benefited way more from this country, it's values, it's servicemen and women than virtually any other American. Their monetary worth is dictated by the public, and the merchandising value dictates their net worth. They live on the good graces of the people who spend money watching them do the **** they do.

Stop doing the **** the viewers want them to do and that money will dry up faster than Cael's ***** in a non-Trump related thread.

cancer
VeteranXV
Old
176 - 09-26-2017, 09:06 AM
there's way too much energy focused on arguing that could be better spent helping people in need

NoGodForMe
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
177 - 09-26-2017, 10:30 AM
I thought the cowboys standing there with Jerry looked stupid. Let's all locks arms and stand in the middle of the field taking a knee.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qf62CrEGS1A

Last edited by NoGodForMe; 09-26-2017 at 10:33 AM.
Gouge
VeteranX
Old
178 - 09-26-2017, 11:12 AM

Edofnor
VeteranXV
Old
179 - 09-26-2017, 12:54 PM
jerry jones looked so smug out there

fking racist piece of **** using his beasts of burden only 2 support his virtue signaling parade

cael
VeteranX
Old
180 - 09-26-2017, 12:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayn View Post
logic?

1) FREE SPEECH FREE SPEECH THEY CAN PROTEST AT THEIR JOBS berkeley
2) THAT GUY WENT TO A WHITE SUPREMACIST RALLY took a knee FIRE HIM FROM HIS JOB
there's literally no difference

Page 9 of 70

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page Is the NFL/NBA taking a hit on viewership?

Social Website Bullshit