Men ages 18 to 25 prefer watching eSports to traditional sports or TV shows. by The Magical Zoo - Page 4 - TribalWar Forums
Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page Men ages 18 to 25 prefer watching eSports to traditional sports or TV shows.
Page 4 of 11
Shiloh
Veteran++
Old
61 - 09-15-2017, 13:55
Why is watching people kick a ball around better?

Sponsored Links
samUwell
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
62 - 09-15-2017, 13:57
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiloh View Post
Why is watching black people kick a ball around better?

Livingdeath
VeteranXX
Old
63 - 09-15-2017, 14:05
Soccer is too long and there's too little action for the time spent.
Football is still my fav, but its dying a slow death and won't be here much longer given that it's fundamentally a gladiator sport.
Baseball and golf are simply awful and about the most boring thing I can think off.
Basketball has sucked since MJ retired, and there isn't a single player in the league that i'd want to root for (quite the contrary).
Tennis is fun to watch at the highest levels, but the new generation is far from the greats of the past (who are in their mid thirties) and there is a huge talent drop off.
Boxing/MMA are in death spirals of concussions/doping and corruption.

Professional sports is probably at a low point in US history if you look at things objectively. Despite the millions of dollars that are being generated, the quality of the product has never been worse.

Can video games be a replacement? Sure, why not. It's weird for old foggies like me, but its just as silly watching grown men "triumph by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big "H"".

Gweedo
VeteranXV
Old
64 - 09-15-2017, 14:06
Quote:
Because those athletes have a physical and mental talents that I could only dream of having. In watching them we support an activity that promotes a healthy lifestyle to kids and adults alike. Playing sports ( real sports, not **** like darts) promotes social interaction and a sense of community while maintaining a health lifestyle.

Watching some ****ing sperg playing Dota because he's mastered it by playing it for 18 hours a day, because his generation of parents would rather have that than actually parent, is a **** stain on society. On the plus side, I guess these cretins won't re-produce anyway.

But whatever..

Pagy
VeteranXX
Old
65 - 09-15-2017, 14:18
Quote:
because watching athletes at the top of human conditioning is a spectacle

watching fat autists play video games is embarassing

Ztir
VeteranXX
Old
66 - 09-15-2017, 14:30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gweedo View Post
Because those athletes have a physical and mental talents that I could only dream of having. In watching them we support an activity that promotes a healthy lifestyle to kids and adults alike. Playing sports ( real sports, not **** like darts) promotes social interaction and a sense of community while maintaining a health lifestyle.

Watching some ****ing sperg playing Dota because he's mastered it by playing it for 18 hours a day, because his generation of parents would rather have that than actually parent, is a **** stain on society. On the plus side, I guess these cretins won't re-produce anyway.

But whatever..
I'm sure 100 years ago people said this exact same **** about real sports

You do not have the physical and mental abilities to be a pro player. The incentive to watch someone play Dota vs football is the exact same thing

The reason pro athletes are so good is because...they spend all day every day working at their craft. Just because one is a video game autist and the other is a football autist doesn't really change much except for the fact that one has been around for 70 years and the other has been around for like 5

SeVeReD
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
67 - 09-15-2017, 14:43
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edofnor View Post
it wouldn't be pathetic if the video game of choice were starsiege: TRIBES
In my book starsiege tribes capture the flag can't be beat as an esport. it was the perfect game to show off skill and team work. It also was fast paced enough to be exciting to watch.

blackpeople
REEEEEEEEEEEXV
Old
68 - 09-15-2017, 14:57
i enjoy top tier competitiveness in any form

physical sport, digital gaming

i think its a little tough for traditional sports or popular american sports to keep up with interactive technology, where as 'esport' gaming is fundamentally built around an interactive community

over time they will pry equal out as far as viewership

Shiloh
Veteran++
Old
69 - 09-15-2017, 14:58
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gweedo View Post
Because those athletes have a physical and mental talents that I could only dream of having.
So what you are saying is I should respect your choices for sports entertainment because you envy being a big black guy?

I reject the notion that watching sports is in anyway equivalent to encouraging a healthy lifestyle or playing them. My fat grandpa spent saturday watching college football and every sunday watching the NFL. And I never saw the point. He didn't play in college. I don't even think he played in high school. And he never used watching football as a social activity to invite people over and watch the games with him.

Watching others play a game is still watching others play, whether its physically intensive or not. I think anyone who does a lot of it is wasting their time, no matter if the game is physically intensive or not. Trying to claim respect because your game is physical and traditional and therefore more worthy is kind of pathetic.

coombz
VeteranXX
Old
70 - 09-15-2017, 15:02
I will watch hockey if it's on, but other than that, watching a 'real' sport generally does nothing for me except make me wish I was out running around and playing

some esports are fun for me to watch (especially dota) because I can really appreciate the level of individual skill, teamwork and strategy going on. Same as with hockey really!

will very much be encouraging my kids to play real, physical team sports though, as I think that's extremely important for social development if nothing else

frozen-rain
VeteranXV
Old
71 - 09-15-2017, 15:19
thats okay, football is gay as **** anyways

Zomnivore
Veteran4
Old
72 - 09-15-2017, 15:35
How are sports better then esports?

esports are just the highest tier of play of a game you probably play? what middle aged loser still plays football regularly? You can't justify the risk of injury when you've got a full time job to back to.

I find it pathetic that old codgers still try to hold on to the last dying gasps of life. Die already.

SuperTrap
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
73 - 09-15-2017, 15:40
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ztir View Post
You do not have the physical and mental abilities to be a pro player.
I can never play pro football because I lack the health but more importantly because I am way too small. Nothing in the world will change that.

I could be a esport goddam it, still can't say it without laughing, professional if I wanted to because all I need is time.

BeLiaL
VeteranXX
Old
74 - 09-15-2017, 15:44
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperTrap View Post
I can never play pro football because I lack the health but more importantly because I am way too small. Nothing in the world will change that.

I could be a esport goddam it, still can't say it without laughing, professional if I wanted to because all I need is time.
ignorance is bliss

pro gamers have incredible innate abilities for the games in which they compete, such as multi-task capacity, twitch skills, coordination, reaction time, etc

to say that all you would need is time is hysterical, especially considering your body couldn't even keep itself running, let alone well enough to compete at an elite level of anything

groove
VeteranXX
Old
75 - 09-15-2017, 15:47
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pagy View Post
because watching athletes at the top of human conditioning is a spectacle

watching fat autists play video games is embarassing

Captain Tele
Veteran³
Immigrant
Old
76 - 09-15-2017, 15:49
ewwwwwwwwe

gross groove

that is americas game

and they do look a lot like americans imo

TheVoiceOfReason
VeteranX
Old
77 - 09-15-2017, 15:50
I certainly lump sports and esports together.

In the end, it's still just a game. You know, something you play.

Until those skills are applied practically, relevance?

SuperTrap
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
78 - 09-15-2017, 15:56
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeLiaL View Post
ignorance is bliss

pro gamers have incredible innate abilities for the games in which they compete, such as multi-task capacity, twitch skills, coordination, reaction time, etc

to say that all you would need is time is hysterical, especially considering your body couldn't even keep itself running, let alone well enough to compete at an elite level of anything
I would kick the **** out of you in instagib UT

[email protected]
VeteranX
Old
79 - 09-15-2017, 16:01
the only person who could have been esport professional here is me

grandmaster starcraft 2 player
best player of tribe 1 LT
soon i will conquer counter strikes

plz give me money 2 suppor tmy career

Ztir
VeteranXX
Old
80 - 09-15-2017, 16:37
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperTrap View Post

Your precision, decision making, reaction time, game knowledge and mechanical abilities would never reaach that of a professional player, regardless of your time commitment. For one, you are a Kruger Dunning case study and would never be able to grasp the high level mindgames. Secondly you are too old to be able to react as fast as pro players

Sorry to burst your bubble

Page 4 of 11

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page Men ages 18 to 25 prefer watching eSports to traditional sports or TV shows.

Social Website Bullshit