Reload this Page this is what i did yesterday
Page 8 of 11
HumDumpin
ReeeingRainbowXV
Old
141 - 11-13-2017, 06:35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infernus View Post
That sucks, man. Good luck with the therapy. I hope you regain full use of your hand again. This brings back some painful memories for me.

19 years ago I bypassed a safety feature (gloves) because I was an idiot and ended up with some 2nd and 3rd degree burns on about 20% of my right hand due to a molten sulfur splash. Don't have any photos but the healing was extremely painful. Most of the scarring is no longer visible but the nerve damage is still there. Some muscle still twitches non-stop. It's ****ing annoying.
I've heard a lot of these stories.

My boss has a gnarly scar over half his right arm from boiling hot caustic rupturing from a high pressure line as he walked past.

Makes you think twice when you get to the accidental death and dismemberment portion of your benefits.

Sponsored Links
SkittleBrew
VeteranXV
Old
142 - 09-30-2018, 03:24
Update: In case anyone gives a ****

Workman's Comp Insurance gave me a check for $15,000. Better than nothing I suppose. The Dr.s say that my left hand is permanently 19% disabled. Doesn't really affect my job performance at this point.

Hookers and blow in Vegas. Who's with me?

LGBR
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
143 - 09-30-2018, 07:02
you got ****in screwed

Brasstax
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
144 - 09-30-2018, 07:32
Got to hand it to you buddy - you should give them the finger. Just pointing that out.

ArakAtak
VeteranXX
Old
145 - 09-30-2018, 08:50
golf clap

JuggerNaught
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
146 - 09-30-2018, 09:02
15K for all that damage? you got ****ed son

GreasyBoy
VeteranXX
Old
147 - 09-30-2018, 09:07
How are you? You adjusting OK/hand and arm doing OK?

Plasmatic
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
148 - 09-30-2018, 10:31
update pics man!

Mr Jimmy Pop
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
149 - 09-30-2018, 10:51
I wonder how they come up with 19%? That is such a specific number.

I'm assuming $15K plus medical treatment related to injury past and present. What is it limiting you to now?

And what Plas said

Last edited by Mr Jimmy Pop; 09-30-2018 at 10:54..
SkittleBrew
VeteranXV
Old
150 - 10-01-2018, 07:30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Jimmy Pop View Post
I wonder how they come up with 19%? That is such a specific number.

I'm assuming $15K plus medical treatment related to injury past and present. What is it limiting you to now?

And what Plas said
There were a whole lot of measurements. How far my fingers can extend, how far each joint can bend, grip strength, sensation tests... I guess there's a whole code-book that they use as a reference.

But yeah, My medical bills have all been taken care of by WC. Surgery, hospital stay, ambulance, physical therapy, medications... probably came to over 70K. Every 5 years I go back to the Dr. for an examination to see if there's any new problem or if something else should be done.

As far as limitations, from a day to day perspective it really hasn't made a big impact, other than a ever-present discomfort. I can actually type fairly well all's said and done. But, I'll probably never play my guitar again with any level of ability. Obviously, I'll never be a rock climber.

I'll take a pic later but I have to get going to work. It isn't exciting. Pretty much looks like a normal hand but with a lot of ropy looking scars.

NoGodForMe
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
151 - 10-01-2018, 07:53
Sounds similar to Laurie. Her arm has plates in it at the elbow from her accident. One of them she wants removed. Insurance paid all bills except the helicopter ride to the hospital, which is 45k. They're going to submit through insurance again, but may come after us.

She has limited mobility with her hand, can't turn it all the way, but can do most activities. I look at it as the jar being 75% full. If your bills are paid and you can do most things, then you are lucky compared to others.

KingSobieski
VeteranXX
Old
152 - 10-01-2018, 17:22
I worked at a place that attached a mag drill to a transmission jack so they could drill the bottom of cars. The safety feature was it could only turn on if attached to 1/2” steel so we just threw on a piece of 1/2” but it had an overhang. I was drilling like one of the 400 hundred holes and the bit got tangled up where the sheet metal was overlapped and the whole machine started swinging around under the car until the power cord got wrapped around it and pulled the plug from the wall. But that 1/2” plate came right past my forehead and I could only imagine what woulda happened had that thing split my skull open.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ArakAtak
VeteranXX
Old
153 - 10-01-2018, 17:52
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingSobieski View Post
and I could only imagine what woulda happened had that thing split my skull open.
Could have changed your user name to "King Dare-Tele"

SkittleBrew
VeteranXV
Old
154 - 10-01-2018, 19:34
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingSobieski View Post
I worked at a place that attached a mag drill to a transmission jack so they could drill the bottom of cars. The safety feature was it could only turn on if attached to 1/2***8221; steel so we just threw on a piece of 1/2***8221; but it had an overhang. I was drilling like one of the 400 hundred holes and the bit got tangled up where the sheet metal was overlapped and the whole machine started swinging around under the car until the power cord got wrapped around it and pulled the plug from the wall. But that 1/2***8221; plate came right past my forehead and I could only imagine what woulda happened had that thing split my skull open.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I've worked with mag drills on location against vertical surfaces on the side of I-beams, at the top of a ladder 20+ feet in the air. The drill probably weighs 50-60 pounds. My biggest fear was some jackass tripping over the power cord, or unplugging it to plug in something else at the source. Cause if that eletro magnet disengages unexpectedly... o'man... **** is going to get ****ed in a hurry.

Last edited by SkittleBrew; 10-01-2018 at 19:45..
Smiling Canadian
VeteranX
Old
155 - 10-01-2018, 20:21
After having many people file WCB claims for mag drill related injuries we put in twist lock receptacles and and had special extension cords made up to use with mag drills just so they couldn't be unplugged by accident.

The new Milwaukee cordless mag drill is the ****. No cord to **** with and they'll soon have the 12 amp/hr battery.

amRam
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
156 - 10-01-2018, 21:01
It's staggering how many ****ing morons hurt themselves at work.

JuggerNaught
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
157 - 10-01-2018, 21:30
Probably directly correlates with morons that are using equipment they have no business using

Plasmatic
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
158 - 10-01-2018, 23:04
Jobs not complete until someone gets a magdrill on the head.

Pagy
VeteranXX
Old
159 - 10-01-2018, 23:24
dude hopefully the hand heals

but

stay with me

if it stays super numb

THE STRANGER

gl

Validuz
VeteranXX