Post your dual monitor anisotropic filtered screenshots in this thread

thank you lemon i am dum with graphics i am a server guy. anyway the nvidia anisotropic parameter can be set in the nvidia control panel - true - but it is nice to have a way in the application to turn it on and off as well - more convenient from my perspective. it is also nice to have the application know if the card supports 16x, 8x, etc - and be able to set that in-application to generate wow factor.

aniso off, antialias fxaa off, gamma correct off, triple buffer off, vsync off

tribes look better play better

also nvidia recognized the tribes editor.exe but not real game afterhope.exe :D

bugs u hurt my ipv6 connectivity -- plz do not STEM me i <3 u

Here is a nice shot on DayFallLT - Lemon made a small change to an unpopular map and now everybody plays it. Go figure. By the way this map has purple buildings.
dayfalllt.PNG

ideally you just want anisotropic done on the textures and not the fonts. fonts are always very tricky because you have to select the right-sized font for the resolution you are using. if you don't then you will have stretching that will make them not look right. if you change resolutions but don't change the font then it won't look good. next you need anti-aliasing on the fonts.

a lot more can be done with the chat window now that we have more screen space and more monitors.

fonts in tribes don't respond well to normal gpu AA because they're pngs (or pbmps) bound to opengl placeholdery thingys (idk what the right word is) but you can make them look like they already have AA in photoshop

i think to add ingame anisotropic support to tribes you have to set it when textures are loaded, its not like some global setting u do when tribes starts

then it can detect the max aniso supported and set whatever

i dont know where that hook would be, emjay probably does and altimor probably did but fuckit, might as well just force it in your graphics settings

Yes the former was StarFall...

Either or, I all I did was change the sky. I didnt even relight the map. Which ended up giving it purple buildings that you are is so fond of.

If we wanted to do a Zelda like thing - say morning at the start of raindance and
then advancing towards night by the end - yes that would be slick - much harder
but still pretty slick.

That would probably be more of a client side mod though. Shadows would be
difficult although we could have some pre-rendered shadowing that is table
driven.

So I can see a CP dropship flying across Integration with its shadow moving
underneath in two directions - one for the motion of the dropship and another
for the setting sun. And rooster crowing wav's too LOL.

Back