Reload this Page HTC Vive pre-orders - Feb 29th
Page 20 of 20
Pengo
VeteranXV
Old
381 - 01-09-2018, 22:40
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgrange View Post
What do you guys have (for the ones who have them)? Vive or Oculus?
For only $400 for the rift with controllers included, I think that's the clear best value.

I have the vive. $600 right now. You also probably want to get the deluxe audio strap because its way more comfortable and convenient, so thats $700.

Rift has better controllers and is a better value overall.
Vive has better roomscale / 360. Probably not worth almost 2x the price though its nice to have. You can sorta do it on the rift too, but is not as easy.
Visuals quality is about the same in the headsets.

I'm pretty excited about the wireless module. Sounds like its available right now for $200...anybody try that out yet? How reliable is it, any noticeable lag?

Sponsored Links
MC Hamster
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
382 - 01-09-2018, 23:47
Quote:
Originally Posted by hastie View Post
O I figured since it didn't have headphones that it didn't have a mic either
There's a little pinhole one mounted in the underside on the front, pretty much right above your mouth. Not exactly studio quality stuff, but plenty good for teamspeak/etc.

Fool
Whiny BitchX
Contributor
Old
383 - 01-10-2018, 00:02
Doesn't Rift pretty much keep track of everything for facebook?

Validuz
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
384 - 01-10-2018, 00:07
I was just going to ask which one the kikes own at FB, but that answers that.

Pengo
VeteranXV
Old
385 - 01-10-2018, 03:02
Quote:
Originally Posted by MC Hamster View Post
There's a little pinhole one mounted in the underside on the front, pretty much right above your mouth. Not exactly studio quality stuff, but plenty good for teamspeak/etc.
Yeah and almost all multiplayer games have voice chat just built in based on proximity. So if you're near someone you'll be able to hear them. "it just works" ...actually what's a little annoying is the opposite. if you want to mute yourself or someone else - not every game has an easy option for that. It hasn't been a common problem, but occasionally you'll get someone being annoying or breathing into the mic.

MC Hamster
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
386 - 01-10-2018, 19:33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pengo View Post
Yeah and almost all multiplayer games have voice chat just built in based on proximity. So if you're near someone you'll be able to hear them. "it just works" ...actually what's a little annoying is the opposite. if you want to mute yourself or someone else - not every game has an easy option for that. It hasn't been a common problem, but occasionally you'll get someone being annoying or breathing into the mic.
Best in-game voice comms I can think of was the system from BF2.. with squad chat and then another channel between squad leaders and the commander... and people actually used it (and properly, even on pubs!)

That was probably just before the genre got entirely tarded up, though...

Trashman
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
387 - 01-11-2018, 04:24
new vive
VIVE Pro | The professional-grade VR headset

ArakAtak
VeteranXX
Old
388 - 01-11-2018, 05:38

Damn - where is the Orbital photoshop when you need it?

Atreides
VeteranXV
Old
389 - 01-27-2018, 09:35
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=usngKTUCB1E

The problem I have with these VR headsets is that they have a high cost and can only be so good due to hardware limitations. Meaning you spend hundreds of dollars knowing that in a year's time, there will be another generation of improvements.

I see these headsets and think "I'll wait until the next generation" - which is what I still say when the next gen rolls out.

hastie
VeteranX
Old
390 - 01-27-2018, 10:17
I dunno. Many people try to stay away from first gen in particular. And once pixel density hits a certain point and there is no frame door effect, the next iterations won't be huge improvements. I just bought a house and have a room in mind for vr, so I will be getting the pro.

starwolf_nexus
VeteranXV
Old
391 - 01-27-2018, 10:50
I'm waiting for the next version that eliminates the screen door effect...until then the oculus rift will get me by till then...

Bughead
VeteranXX
Old
392 - 01-27-2018, 19:08
I don't plan on getting a headset until the screendoor is basically gone and the FOV is much improved. Also by then hopefully the input (controllers) and games have improved as well. Maybe in 2019.

SuperTrap
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
393 - 01-27-2018, 23:55
I bought a ps4 vr and 2 side programs and I can play ms flight simulator x steam version on pc in vr.

Cheap. Good. Happy.

Edit if I bought leap motion I could flip switches with my fingers

Last edited by SuperTrap; 01-27-2018 at 23:59..
DocHolliday
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
394 - 01-27-2018, 23:57
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bughead View Post
I don't plan on getting a headset until the screendoor is basically gone and the FOV is much improved. Also by then hopefully the input (controllers) and games have improved as well. Maybe in 2019.

Page 20 of 20

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page HTC Vive pre-orders - Feb 29th

Social Website Bullshit