1 - 01-11-2016, 20:32
http://www.polygon.com/2016/1/11/107...egin-on-feb-29

no word on price or actual release date

Sponsored Links
cael
VeteranXX
Old
2 - 01-11-2016, 20:53
any word on if it sucks donkey dicks vs the oculus rift?

booty
VeteranXV
Old
3 - 01-11-2016, 20:57
Pre Orders 7 weeks away + no price info = awesome thread.

Pengo
VeteranXV
Old
4 - 01-12-2016, 03:11
seems like people say oculus rift has a little bit better screen and controllers (though the rift controllers won't be out till later this year)

but the vive has better head tracking and has the walking around in your room thing. and will be releasing with its controllers.

Nmag
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
5 - 01-12-2016, 03:28
Mack makes some good comments:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sL0D4OSVhns

but best to wait.

Last edited by Nmag; 01-12-2016 at 03:30..
--KraKen--zzz
VeteranXV
Old
6 - 01-12-2016, 05:17
Tried Vive and Dk2 so cant give a proper answer but vive is just so much better when standing, sitting just spoils the whole thing, it just feels like you're using your computer close up.

Rift will probably win but when vive gets as good a screen as rift it'll be 10x better.

I really want to see the latest rift but I do imagine it has less screen door effect than vive because I noticed it pretty strongly when using vive.

Short answer though: get vive.

Dangerdoggie
VeteranXV
Old
7 - 01-12-2016, 15:43
Doesn't really matter if the vive is better, HTC is sinking and the Rift has facebook jew gold backing it.

Hellsfury
VeteranXX
Old
8 - 01-12-2016, 16:17
It really only matters what games end up supporting specific features based on specific hardware.

The Vive and its fancy lighthouse technology is probably only useful if developers make games suited to it. Besides, who has an entire room they are going to dedicate as an empty "VR" gaming space?

Dangerdoggie
VeteranXV
Old
9 - 01-12-2016, 16:22
If they made something compelling enough people would make room for it, even it it means converting their livingroom space into a VR room simulator.

I don't see that happening on either front though.

Beren
Tribalwar Aussie
Contributor
Old
10 - 01-12-2016, 18:05
Probably end up getting both, but its a tax deduction for me so that makes it a bit easier.

I personally thing rift will be the way to go, but realistically, that is really a "this generation" comment. I think the market there will probably shift and change a bunch over the next 4-5 years. FB money behind it probably means that rift will be around for a long time as a contender, seeing what Sony, MS and Google do over the coming years is pretty key.

Dangerdoggie
VeteranXV
Old
11 - 01-12-2016, 18:11
Whatever Sony comes out with it'll be overpriced with a sub-par experience.

Microsoft is focusing on their AR headgear, which has a really ****ty FOV issue which until they fix is off the list.

Google seems to be focusing on Google Glass 2.0, most likely will still be over priced and be face punch worthy of seeing anyone using it out in the wild.

Reggs
VeteranXX
Old
12 - 01-12-2016, 18:11
Steam needs to become the Amazon of VR content, be it games or movies.

Beren
Tribalwar Aussie
Contributor
Old
13 - 01-12-2016, 18:30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangerdoggie View Post
Whatever Sony comes out with it'll be overpriced with a sub-par experience.

Microsoft is focusing on their AR headgear, which has a really ****ty FOV issue which until they fix is off the list.

Google seems to be focusing on Google Glass 2.0, most likely will still be over priced and be face punch worthy of seeing anyone using it out in the wild.
Yes I know all this. That is why I said 4-5 years. They all have bags of money and existing eco systems, how they react in the longer term after this initial generation is going to be interesting.

cheezit
VeteranXX
Old
14 - 01-12-2016, 18:32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reggs View Post
Steam needs to become the Amazon of VR content, be it games or movies.
If you read the Oculus founder's AMA on reddit he explains this is exactly what they're doing. When they refer to something as Oculus exclusive, they're referring to the Oculus store, which will initially be available on the Rift and Samsung Gears, and not the Rift itself(though obviously some things will only be available on the Rift). They're not restricting usage of 3rd party content on the hardware at all, though.

Basically they want to create an apple store with restricted device access for all things VR, and it seems like a pretty good idea.

Got Haggis?
VeteranXX
Old
15 - 01-12-2016, 18:44
i have a hard time believing the ps4 can drive a good vr experience

i mean, maybe on the level of google cardboard

Highfive
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
16 - 01-12-2016, 19:24
will be ordering.

can't wait to see what Valve has cooked up at their content show at the end of the month.

Bughead
VeteranXX
Old
17 - 01-12-2016, 19:36
I just hope they get the split image up to at least 1080p sometime soon (it's not even 720p in the current headsets). A big selling point would be getting the illusion of watching a 120" (or larger) movie screen. The resolution just isn't up to that task yet though.

I'm sure they could have put better screens in, but since there's no way games would run @ that resolution @ 90FPS (and it would have increased the cost even more) I get why they didn't.

TonyElTigre
VeteranXX
Old
18 - 01-12-2016, 19:41
Sony gonna win, you guys really over estimate the desire of people with high end gaming PCs to pay for these experiences. PSVR easily going to be the most adopted VR device for the next couple years.

Vance
VeteranXX
Old
19 - 01-12-2016, 19:42
Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Haggis? View Post
i have a hard time believing the ps4 can drive a good vr experience

i mean, maybe on the level of google cardboard
i remember reading that the project morpheus was going to require an external processing unit to help with some things to make the experience better

edit- google fu

https://www.vg247.com/2015/11/02/pla...ocessing-unit/

cheezit
VeteranXX
Old
20 - 01-12-2016, 19:51
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyElTigre View Post
Sony gonna win, you guys really over estimate the desire of people with high end gaming PCs to pay for these experiences. PSVR easily going to be the most adopted VR device for the next couple years.
I think you underestimate how much VR will be a driver of high end gaming PC sales. And I think Samsung Gear will be a better entry point for VR than Morpheus.

Page 1 of 20

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page HTC Vive pre-orders - Feb 29th

Social Website Bullshit