Bins Aspie Config

Groove I just wanna say I'm extremely thankful you helped me do this. You had no reason to help me or anything, but you did anyways because you're a fucking awesome guy. I just want you to know I'm very happy about this, and you've done an Amazing job seriously! This turned out better than I had in mind <3

This imo is the best config I've seen, especially since you can move and size the hud however you like to make any type of config you want. Seriously awesome.

Fucking love you :D 10/10 job

hey rtcll i was a bit of a dick last night, sorry man.

mavi - sounds like u got a shitty comp, if the scriptGL vChat lags u, u can disable it by taking the .acs out of gchatmenu.acs.cs (you might also have to rebind V- to the normal vchat again)

but the scriptGL chatHUD makes the stock chatmenu invisible (it still works but u can't see the menus, gotta do it by memory)

only way to get it back and see it is to disable both the SGL chatmenu and chathud

yea but i was a dick because i got in a fight with my gf and ran out of dabs

its a stupid reason and i figure i should apologize

p.s. mavi i'll see if i can rework the chatmenu to not lag as much, it's because its using ScriptGL::GetStringDimensions to find line sizes and its a costly function. i can probably rework it w/o that func - it won't have a background and might cut off long lines but who cares

i also use the same func sparingly in the health numbers and the weapon ammo (to make them centered in their container) so those may cause minor FPS hits, but they're only running that func on 2-3 numbers as opposed to the chatmenu thats running it on 20-30 lines so it should be pretty minor on those 2

yea but i was a dick because i got in a fight with my gf and ran out of dabs

its a stupid reason and i figure i should apologize

p.s. mavi i'll see if i can rework the chatmenu to not lag as much, it's because its using ScriptGL::GetStringDimensions to find line sizes and its a costly function. i can probably rework it w/o that func - it won't have a background and might cut off long lines but who cares

i also use the same func sparingly in the health numbers and the weapon ammo (to make them centered in their container) so those may cause minor FPS hits, but they're only running that func on 2-3 numbers as opposed to the chatmenu thats running it on 20-30 lines so it should be pretty minor on those 2

Ok, I appreciate it! Its my favourite config by far and would like to use it :sunny:

as for my pc its not bad:
CPU: i5 3750k sandybridge OC to 4.5ghz
GPU: GTX770
Ram:8gb

I can run any newer games decently, not sure why scriptgl butt fucks me

Ok, I appreciate it! Its my favourite config by far and would like to use it :sunny:

as for my pc its not bad:
CPU: i5 3750k sandybridge OC to 4.5ghz
GPU: GTX770
Ram:8gb

I can run any newer games decently, not sure why scriptgl butt fucks me

yeah thats kinda odd - i get 1000 FPS on a 560ti and slightly newer cpu, not oc'd

could be a graphics setting maybe? i have AO disabled, aniso at 16x, FXAA off, AA off, cuda off, trilinear on, triple buff off vsync off

i meant ivy bridge*

i was able to increase fps up to 600 after playing with settings under control panel.

Last edited:
MC2Ul34.png

i bound the weapons in this config to default 3 4 5 but I find myself pressing them all the time and they won't switch, what is happening?

includes next weapon bind as well and I think I've even felt it not shooting when i mouse1

how do i fix

also

how do you not have directional callouts in the voice chat bins

how do you not have directional callouts in the voice chat bins

As in the Incoming Enemies "SOUTH"? Those are on the numpad.

BTW Groove, I tried resizing the huds, successfully, then exited the game. When i opened tribes up again, everything remained the same size, except for the health and energy huds, those went back to default.

Also, when I changed Font, the same thing happened, exited and reopened and it went back to default. Any ideas? Are some of these files just read-only and thats why? Just my input with what I have seen so far!

Both of those things don't really bother me at all, as i will keep playing with the config! Thanks!

Back