Horseshoe Canyon Ranch by n9ne - TribalWar Forums
Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > TW Fitness
Reload this Page Horseshoe Canyon Ranch
n9ne
VeteranX
Old
1 - 03-25-2015, 11:50 PM
Going in early June for 2 days at the beginning of a long road trip. Hopefully I get lucky with lower than avg temps.

What do you think of this place? I've climbed at RRG, Red Rocks, and Joshua tree... and RRG is easily my favorite. How does HCR compare?

Any random tips or recommendations?

Last edited by n9ne; 03-26-2015 at 08:32 AM.
Sponsored Links
Glare
VeteranXV
Old
2 - 03-27-2015, 06:11 PM
HCR is where i first learned outdoor climbing. It's awesome. Where are you staying?

It's mainly divided between two sections: the north 40 and the Far East. The Far East is more of a hike and has longer routes and better views of the valley. North 40 has more route variety but can be more crowded.

I've never climbed in CO so I can't compare but HCR is pretty highly regarded by everyone who goes there in my experience.

We're going in April so I'll give you an update on anything I may have forgotten.

Glare
VeteranXV
Old
3 - 04-26-2015, 10:35 PM
climbed at HCR this weekend and it was awesome. it was hot but there was a breeze that made things wonderful (that same breeze wasn't nearly as fun when i was trying to clip in while lead climbing up a 70 foot route but you cant have it all i suppose)

HCR used to be a "hidden" gem and not a lot of people went but it's more crowded now. if you want the best routes then go early or later in the afternoon

also make sure you go to ozark cafe when you're in jasper. they have really good food

Glare
VeteranXV
Old
4 - 04-26-2015, 10:36 PM
one more thing: HCR is in a dry county so if you want alcohol make sure you bring it with you. it's not an easy or convenient drive to go pick up more if you run out

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > TW Fitness
Reload this Page Horseshoe Canyon Ranch

Social Website Bullshit