ShapeView

perrinoia

Veteran X
I'm trying to make the weapon hud absolutely awesome, by using 3d spinning shapefiles (like the logo on the main menu and inventory screens, or the armors in the player config menu) instead of still images, but I need some help, because I'm not very familiar with client side scripting, gui, or hud making, etc...

Ideally, I'd prefer that the mounted items spin, and the other items not spin, although, I'm not sure if pausing the item spin is possible.

I found this nifty bit of code, which I believe is used to create the spinning logo in the inventory screen (which is replaced by the items you select in the inventory screen).
Code:
	instant FearGui::ShapeView "ItemView" {
		position = "297 12";
		extent = "160 160";
		horizSizing = "right";
		vertSizing = "bottom";
		consoleVariable = "";
		consoleCommand = "";
		altConsoleCommand = "";
		deleteOnLoseContent = "True";
		ownObjects = "True";
		opaque = "False";
		fillColor = "0 0 0";
		selectFillColor = "0.756863 0.737255 0.694118";
		ghostFillColor = "0.529412 0.243137 0.027451";
		border = "False";
		borderColor = "0 0 0";
		selectBorderColor = "0.078431 0.207843 0.031373";
		ghostBorderColor = "0.745098 0.811765 0.870588";
		visible = "False";
		tag = "IDCTG_INV_ITEM_SHAPE_VIEW";
		active = "True";
		messageTag = "";
		shape = "logo.dts";
	};

Also, I know how to check my item count for every item in whatever mod I'm playing in, but I can't figure out how to categorize the items by classname, or how to retrieve the item's shapefile without the assistance of a server side script.

Any ideas?

Last edited:
The spinning logo in mainmenu is actually a PBA. Basically a big animated GIF. If it won't allow you to embed models on playGui, at worst you could always make a PBA of it.

Oh? Learned something new, today.

I was able to add a ShapeView to PlayGUI.

I'm able to change the rotating image from the blood eagle logo to any item in whatever server I'm connected to.

If I change it to something that isn't a real item, it disappears, and I can't get it back.

There's a glitch that causes a black wedge to orbit the item like a lighthouse. I haven't quite figured out what causes it, yet. Getting rid of all the color properties seems to fix it, though.

It doesn't support multi image items, so it won't make a good replacement for annihilation weapon hud, but it would make an excellent replacement for the miscellaneous item hud.

In approximately 108 minutes, the following youtube video will finish uploading. (My internet is slow, and I didn't bother converting the AVI video file to something smaller and easier to upload).

Last edited:
If you've got a config that splits the inventory screen in half and removed the background so you can still see what's going on around you, then you don't have the spinning item in your inventory screen. So, in other words, if you are running 1.11 with no scripts, you have the spinning item... If you have hudbot, or 1.40 or anything like that, you don't. I think

Anywho, I need help with this thing... Does anyone know how to make a hud with a scroll bar and check boxes? I want to make something like the K menu, with a variable amount of check boxes, to enable/disable each item from my 3d item hud.

wait wut gameshellgui

can we merge this and my gameshellgui thread

what is that

how can i load it while ingame instead of menu

why i see nothing in the first 3 screens even tho from the script itself it looks like there should be stuff

and the 4th menu just says 'page 4'

someone explain this thing plz

ok i can load it ingame with

Code:
GuiLoadContentCtrl(MainWindow, "gui/gameShell.gui");

but the mouse is wacky as fuck and i still only see 'Page 4'

what am i doing wrong i dont know about this stuff

plaes halp

nevermind i figured it out, works nice yay

testgui2.jpg

Last edited:
Hahaha...

I wanted to replace the health bar with a rotating player, and was hoping to animate it and apply damage skins, or change the background and border colors or opacity, to indicate damage.

Unfortunately, when I set the item as an armor, the ShapeView disappears.

I also tried setting the shapefile to harmor.dts in the script, but it always starts as logo.dts, no matter what I do.

I'm creating an options menu for it now, basically, all I need to do is map the checkboxes to the visibility of the corresponding items, but I'm not quite sure how to do that.

I see that the clock button in the K menu uses these tags, but I'm not sure how that relates to the visibility of the clock hud.
Code:
IDBMP_CLOCK_ON					     = 00160607, "i_clock";
IDBMP_CLOCK_OFF				     = 00160608, "i_clock";

Once upon a time, I had a config with the outline of a player as the health HUD. It filled up from the bottom as it repaired.

That's what inspired the idea, but alas, it won't happen with ShapeView.

I think Milkman made that config. It's been years since I used it.

Back