Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page A Star Wars Story: Solo
Page 1 of 14
Got Haggis?
VeteranXV
Old
1 - 05-24-2018, 21:56
I enjoyed it..not the greatest movie ever, but the visual aesthetic was on point. I would say its the best looking star wars movie.

I kind of feel like this is the movie no one asked for, but hey i'll enjoy it anyway. They created a cool world, and there is one huge spoiler so if you like to be surprised, avoid the internet.

like...i felt this movie was shot better and looked better than Rogue One, but I enjoyed Rogue One more.

I have a feeling it may not do that great at the box office - 7pm show at the historic theater here wasn't sold out - and there wasn't anyone in line when we came out for the late showing (unlike the last jedi, where the line wrapped around the building down the block). - could be because its memorial day weekend.

Sponsored Links
Fool
Whiny BitchX
Contributor
Old
2 - 05-24-2018, 22:00
Yeah nobody sees movies on memorial day weekend

Dangerdoggie
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
3 - 05-24-2018, 22:06
how many 'han shot first' puns were there?

Bughead
VeteranXV
Old
4 - 05-24-2018, 22:11
I didn't even realize this was out yet. Maybe most people are like me and that's why opening night was slow.

Odio
VeteranX
Old
5 - 05-24-2018, 22:14
Maybe everyone is finally sick of Disneys ****.

Lord Elessar
or something
Contributor
Old
6 - 05-24-2018, 22:21
I would not be surprised to see it "struggle" against Deadpool and Avengers. 20 to 30% lower if those 2 weren't still showing.

Pagy
VeteranXV
Old
7 - 05-24-2018, 22:30
not interested in seeing this one bit

Fool
Whiny BitchX
Contributor
Old
8 - 05-24-2018, 22:32
Did they make Lando gay?

coombz
VeteranXV
Old
9 - 05-24-2018, 22:33
you dirty little smuggler

Atreides
VeteranX
Old
10 - 05-24-2018, 23:28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bughead View Post
I didn't even realize this was out yet.
Me either. Way too soon for this to hit theaters, the smoke from the dumpster fire that was TLJ can still be seen.

The Pumpkin King
VeteranXV
Old
11 - 05-25-2018, 00:02
I can't believe Star Wars has dropped solo...

Dangerdoggie
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
12 - 05-25-2018, 00:33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fool View Post
Did they make Lando gay?
https://twitter.com/JonKasdan/status/997684135933050880

he's into R2D2 shaped fleshlights.

clu
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
13 - 05-25-2018, 00:48
Spoiler

1teaminlondon
Veteran++
Old
14 - 05-25-2018, 04:00
saw it in dolby

Emilia Clarke is foxy - thought the dude was a good han - wasn't impressed with glover, not sure he had alot to work with. huge glover fan - action was forgettable outside the first train scene - too heavy on the cornball - didn't feel the epic music vibe

shrug

isn't lando suppose to be like a cool suave lady's man playboy type? only vibe i got was a neurotic pervy unlikeable creep

Last edited by 1teaminlondon; 05-25-2018 at 04:41..
1teaminlondon
Veteran++
Old
15 - 05-25-2018, 04:32
didn't like how han & co went thru action scenes like they were bruce lee. just bashing anyone/everyones head in without a challenge. in order to save our lives we need to go on this super risky plan that is crazy dangerous - we'll land on a mining colony and defeat their army of guards + control room with... our karate. wha?

dont agree with haggis point about it being super pretty. i'll agree aesthetic was on point but nothing really memorable. speeder scene from TLJ, beach fight scene in r1, hoth scene ESB, space battle endor ROTJ, forest lightsabre battle in E7, maul/kenobi fight from E1... nothing compares to any of those scenes here

would've liked to see what the original directors had in mind. feel like ron howard turned the cornball up a few notches and just put way too many scenes of han/dany smiling at each other and eye ****ing

got nothing out of the tie fighter scene, the "epic" gravity well, or the final "battle." generic action scenes resolved by random deus machina. of course nobody was going to die so there was just no tension. probably on the level of the better fast and furious stuff. having chewie's origin be a man-eating prisoner is like, super dark. dont understand that one at all. would've liked to see how this movie worked with a darker undertone or vibe, i think the pieces were definitely set up that way with dany's character and the whole cold blooded murder thing at the end. feels like when ron howard took over he decided to go all happy days on it

not worth $15-20. maybe worth a matinee. as far as recent action/sci-fi goes, the end of season 2 of the expanse and episode 4 season 2 of westworld were about a kajillion times better then this. live repeat die/whatever the **** theyre calling that movie now is also a trillion times better

i'm not sure how you get a better "han" performance without a time machine and harrison ford. the guy did great. that said han's writing was just boring, i gave zero ****s about him the entire film. the start was okay, but then he's chasing a payday to return home and rescue a girl that no longer needs rescueing and i guess now he's helping woody harrelson because... reasons ?? it's not making sense to me rn but more than that it just wasnt compelling or interesting. way more invested in rey / homeless bum luke / stormtrooper brotha

Last edited by 1teaminlondon; 05-25-2018 at 04:50..
SuperTrap
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
16 - 05-25-2018, 05:10
pansexual

SINep
VeteranXV
Old
17 - 05-25-2018, 05:39
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1teaminlondon View Post
saw it in dolby

Emilia Clarke is foxy - thought the dude was a good han - wasn't impressed with glover, not sure he had alot to work with. huge glover fan - action was forgettable outside the first train scene - too heavy on the cornball - didn't feel the epic music vibe

shrug

isn't lando suppose to be like a cool suave lady's man playboy type? only vibe i got was a neurotic pervy unlikeable creep
Haven't seen the movie, but supposedly they made him out to be a pansexual.

SINep
VeteranXV
Old
18 - 05-25-2018, 05:40
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperTrap View Post
pansexual

Spxnge
VeteranX
Old
19 - 05-25-2018, 06:53
So he ****s a pan