[map]CrossfireLT

those two files are simply the custom volumes that are called from the map file. There is nothing in them, but the custom dox textures (original) and the custom shape files in the volume for the ships (also original).

If you look at the date created I didin't tamper with those files in anyway. They are merely there incase the 1.30 clients don't have those files.

Also I realize that it may be a problem because of the servers stripped map rotation. You're probably missing these two SERVERSIDE files Towers.ted & towers.vol

I didn't know that the server wouldn't have certain maps that came with tribes.

edit: yes I do think that rctLL uses something more than just pft. No one gets so defensive about cheating that they go on such a tirade to prove they're not. I don't care, its over.

When someone accuses me of cheating, it's not the end of the world. It just means they think I'm cheating. I can't nor do I care to change their thoughts on the subject.

Also no, crow and I are not "shady" characters. I speak for myself when I say this; I have no intent to break the server nor do I care to. I enjoy playing LT and I enjoy making custom maps. I enjoy sharing them as do most of the people from the annihilation community.

Your idea (lemon) of shady characters are people who like to make things for tribes. Whether you like it or not these people will always be around. Even though they may not share the same roots or veteran status, that does not justify your opinion more than anyone else's.

Besides I've seen shady characters and I realize name dropping is bullshit. Grow up and get over yourselves.

Last edited:
lemon. im sorry you were abused in my server one time. will you ever forgive me. thanks. your pal crow.

Guy is highly acidic. Going to take a lot to get him back to base, but this is a start.

dErnSJX.gif
*bada-bing*

Last edited:
it was a lot more than once

maybe u should smurf and snipe at the edge of visible range a few times when sapo is on

basically if an admin doesn't like how u play u get frozen or kicked

seriously though I actually tried to learn the mod a bit and all I got was abused nearly every time I was on for months

you can act like my situation is isolated but it's prevalent on ur server and it still happens to myself and others

of course u know this though and ur just trying to act clueless

based on things such as the typical player pool in any given anni pub, or Shift's obnoxiously irritating posting on TW, or as he mentioned, Sapo's sometimes uninformed decisions when using his admin powers, Lemon's opinion of anni is actually pretty valid

I say this because before his mouse broke, Lemon was a good sniper [better than 8/10 pub players] and he actually was trying to learn more of the mod

I say this not because I like/care to defend Lemon, but because anni pubs suck, in part because it's full of shitty players, and here is an example of 1 above-average player choosing not to play anymore [or when he does he just trolls and ammo dumps for an entire map]

at various points in time i was a god tier player of ultra renagaids pre-HM, paintball, a handful of smaller mods, renagaydes, shifter, and was decent at base even though i had no interest in league play

anni was/is my least favorite to play. the community surrounding anni was always the most annoying and immature, and the mod itself was just a mountain of shit that doesn't flow together. it felt like a patchwork of a whole bunch of the unique ideas from other mods thrown into one package but without the context.

many years later, I would come to find out that that is essentially EXACTLY what happened, and it explained why anni felt like frankenstein. slow, stupid, and made up of a whole bunch of shit

Well, we upgraded the server recently to support 1.41 clients. If you connect with a 1.41 client you wont have these issues. I have tried to tell some of the inexperienced admins not to admin hm if they're not 100% sure. This has been a struggle with the server for a long time, as there are a few admins who simply don't have enough experience to tell if someone is hming or just really good. Going forward in the future though this wont be a problem as long as afterhope stays clean for a while.

This only became an issue when hm was released for 1.4. Before then the server was able to tell who was using lasthope or not, but when the 1.4 bypass came out we had to rely on our admins to make sure people were not hming. Not the best system, but hm in anni is much more deadly than hm in base, so we did have to admin it. There were a few times when I told no admins to ban hm, just because of issues like this. Of course some people were not happy with this call. It's not as easy to run a server / community though as some people may think.

Clifs: Use 1.41 and you will be A ok. If you do have issues just contact me and ill get them sorted for you.

And again, sorry for the misunderstanding.

at various points in time i was a god tier player of ultra renagaids pre-HM, paintball, a handful of smaller mods, renagaydes, shifter, and was decent at base even though i had no interest in league play

anni was/is my least favorite to play. the community surrounding anni was always the most annoying and immature, and the mod itself was just a mountain of shit that doesn't flow together. it felt like a patchwork of a whole bunch of the unique ideas from other mods thrown into one package but without the context.

many years later, I would come to find out that that is essentially EXACTLY what happened, and it explained why anni felt like frankenstein. slow, stupid, and made up of a whole bunch of shit

For me it was the particle beam that got me hooked. It's really hit or miss with anni, you either like it or you don't. I had many friends that played VX / Nappy, and didn't like it at the time when I started playing it. Before anni I played a smaller mod called Nappy, and VX.

Yup. Annihilation really did start just like that SexxxGodSteve. Scavenger 'scavenged' code from other mods to form Annihilation 1.0. It was unique enough to become popular with the sniping crew battling the farmers. Sevnn took over at version 1.31 added more, and cleaned up the design of deployables. I fixed a lot of code, and even made some of Scavengers original ideas work (that I found in the code). With 8 armors, 30 some deployables, 40+ weapons, and a crap load of turrets, it's a mess to balance. But I like to think there's something in it for everyone.

based on things such as the typical player pool in any given anni pub, or Shift's obnoxiously irritating posting on TW, or as he mentioned, Sapo's sometimes uninformed decisions when using his admin powers, Lemon's opinion of anni is actually pretty valid

I say this because before his mouse broke, Lemon was a good sniper [better than 8/10 pub players] and he actually was trying to learn more of the mod

I say this not because I like/care to defend Lemon, but because anni pubs suck, in part because it's full of shitty players, and here is an example of 1 above-average player choosing not to play anymore [or when he does he just trolls and ammo dumps for an entire map]

ya

basically fall of 2013 I started playing Anni and sniping with a railgun at the edge of visible range every map and got frozen banned kicked ostracized etc. for two or three months so I was like fuck it here is happymod

it got hilarious after that

:shrug:

it turns out the crashes are due to problems only on the community (there are certain maps that just go bonkers on the community server and we have never been able to figure out why - the solution is to remove the maps). i had hoped the crashes might give me a clue as to what was wrong but no dice.

anyhow shift please correct the CrossfireLT.dsc file. please make the mission type "LT Maps" as it is incorrectly tagged as a capture and hold map. please correct the briefing to reflect the LT ctf mission and not the battle for control of five towers.

i was able to run CrossfireLT on several servers that already had the DOX map packs installed without having to over-write the DOX_textures.vol and FC_extras.vol files.

were you able to figure out why this crashes on the community?

I believe that the map wasn't working because the community doesn't have towers.ted and towers.vol

I doubt its the dox files not being present.

ps; if you guys wanna talk about the mod or just ask question make a complaint thread and an annihilation representative will be there to assist you shortly. Please be sure to type clear coherent sentences so that we may process your claim in the quickest manner possible.

ps; if you guys wanna talk about the mod or just ask question make a complaint thread and an annihilation representative will be there to assist you shortly. Please be sure to type clear coherent sentences so that we may process your claim in the quickest manner possible.

Shift, please do not associate yourself with annihilation representation. Thanks.

were you able to figure out why this crashes on the community?

nope - even if you get the map files right it still won't work. there are several dozen maps that just won't work there. they crash clients and they crash the server. mav had to take them off because certain cretins would vote maps that they knew had the problem.

since it is really 1.30 and not 1.40/1.41 i sunk some time into it. i did checksums on all the map files and compared them with the checksums of working server maps. i had hoped that i could spot a corrupt file and fix the problem but no dice. i thought it might have been some of the odd dll's that are there but all of that works on another server.

i spent some time trying to figure out if it could be branzone's virtualization layer or the windows server version that branzone happened to be using. The reason why this might be important is because the community has moved around a couple of times from one virtualization host to another - it may even have been re-installed from scratch once and it still has the map crashing problem. Perhaps there is a bad configuration parameter in their virtualization layer or their windows server version.

stumped.

Last edited:
Have you tried just dumping the whole map folder, and starting over from scratch? If there are deleted maps / missing maps, then other maps wont run that are dependent on the deleted maps.

Back