[Game] Space Engineers

Hazee Daze

Veteran XV
Space Engineers

Having some mad fun with this game. Highly addictive.

Open sandbox game, with combat capabilities, different player modes.

For the builder crew out there, this is a good match I think.

Game's still in beta and they are adding stuff ongong.

Here's teh steam yourl: Space Engineers on Steam

Last edited:
It's more like, what we like.

Anywho, nah, don't know about multi-player yet. I wanted to get started with something simpler. I started on easy creative, now I'm playing survival.

I kept getting lost in the tunnel system in an old asteroid while mining it, so now I'm gutting the old bitch. I'm turning her into a fucking national park safety walk.

108eeiw.jpg

This is my mining ship approaching. The cave system starts on middle right (looks like a bird beak).

wuqsdt.jpg

I've cleared the cave entrance. When I get time, I'm gunna stick a base in there. You can see the flitter's light source from inside the cave. You can also see the small reactors and gyroscopes in the back of my mining ship, 'cause I'm a lazy ass.

30wnjv6.jpg

Finally 'cause I don't like the dark, I modified my flitter to be a light bulb.

Last edited:
And in survival mode--directionality is important for components. I spent 1/2 an hour of head scratching trying to figure out why I couldn't power my reactors--the openings for uranium were turned down out of sight. Same thing for the bore, I had covered the panel to remove ore.

Another gotcha was separating components, click target, right-click and drag to get at component separation.

i cant even get the blocks to build like i cant place anything unless its on a ship i spawn in... Which makes this game boring as hell lol.

Like Minecraft, I can't really tell what the game is about even though Ive seen vids and have read stuff on it.

Do you have to gather all the resources for what you build?

Is there anything attacking you?

What must you do to survive in survival mode?

I heard that multiplayer was just introduced. Is there serious combat in the game? Rust in space?

Back